Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use DPCIManager to determine your device id. It should be supported natively (168c:002a). The id you see in System Info is NOT the ID you're looking for.

You were right. It is 168c:002a.

Can anyone test with a AR9280 PCIe mini card, if they can create a Wifi Network? For me it fails under Mavericks :(

You were right. It is 168c:002a.

Can anyone test with a AR9280 PCIe mini card, if they can create a Wifi Network? For me it fails under Mavericks :(

I'm using one. It works perfectly. Make sure you haven't tampered with the kexts (eg. did not install any replacement/patch of IO80211Family.kext).

I'm using one. It works perfectly. Make sure you haven't tampered with the kexts (eg. did not install any replacement/patch of IO80211Family.kext).

I did not install any KEXTs at all. Just plugged in the wifi card and it was successful recognized. Also I see all Access Points from my neighbors. So the card itself seems to work. Also I am able to connect to my iPhone, if I use my iPhone as an hotspot.

The problem is Internet Sharing and "Create an adhoc wifi network". If you could check that out on your environment, it would be great. I can't create an adhoc wifi network on my hack using this AR9280 card, it always says: connection failed.

Please take a look at /var/log/wifi.log, if there are any "failed" messages.

thx.

I did not install any KEXTs at all. Just plugged in the wifi card and it was successful recognized. Also I see all Access Points from my neighbors. So the card itself seems to work. Also I am able to connect to my iPhone, if I use my iPhone as an hotspot.

The problem is Internet Sharing and "Create an adhoc wifi network". If you could check that out on your environment, it would be great. I can't create an adhoc wifi network on my hack using this AR9280 card, it always says: connection failed.

Please take a look at /var/log/wifi.log, if there are any "failed" messages.

thx.

I won't be able to test this out for a while, as that laptop is currently packed away in a box...

But really, I tend to just use a router when I need one...

Yep Germany. Do you know how I can change APAC to Germany or Europe?

Check this guide (requires Windows), only in Change Regdomain, point 2, select Germany instead of [DEBUG] [DB] [NO_ENUMRD]. Your current regdomain is probably set to 0x65 (APAC) and selecting Germany should set it to 0x37 (ETSI). I would suggest you to read the whole thread, because there are some gotchas you can find on pages 3-5.

Check this guide (requires Windows), only in Change Regdomain, point 2, select Germany instead of [DEBUG] [DB] [NO_ENUMRD]. Your current regdomain is probably set to 0x65 (APAC) and selecting Germany should set it to 0x37 (ETSI). I would suggest you to read the whole thread, because there are some gotchas you can find on pages 3-5.

thank you very much :) I don't have Windows on that machine, only inside a VMware. But maybe this will fix my problem.

@Toleda
Do you think this might fix the problem that I can't enable Internet Sharing and the problem of creating an ad hoc network ?

It gives me a failed regarding the PHY mode in wifi.log

thank you very much :) I don't have Windows on that machine, only inside a VMware. But maybe this will fix my problem.

@Toleda
Do you think this might fix the problem that I can't enable Internet Sharing and the problem of creating an ad hoc network ?

It gives me a failed regarding the PHY mode in wifi.log

I don't think you can do this in VMWare. I wouldn't risk to damage the card, if I were you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back