Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just looking there but did not see it, that makes sense. Would have realized had I.

Sometimes, you have to believe there is something to find in order to find it :)

I know I must be missing it somewhere, but I don't see where to get the AirPortBrcm4360.kext file from. I am trying to edit it for the BCM94352 5Gz/BT Handoff (10.10 and newer).

I know I must be missing it somewhere, but I don't see where to get the AirPortBrcm4360.kext file from. I am trying to edit it for the BCM94352 5Gz/BT Handoff (10.10 and newer).

It is a plugin of IO80211Family.kext.

Try adding the device ID to the FakePCIID kext.

Yeah, tried this via the kext from earlier - seemed to match (from reading the console), but I guess not properly because the Airport didn't show up. Also added it to AirPortBrcm4360.kext in IO80211Family.kext (e.g. <string>pci14e4,4360</string>), but no joy, I get:

kernel[0]: ARPT: 6.396223: AirPort_Brcm43XX::start: failed

Feels like this should work though.

Lenovo G50-70 i3 4005u with Intel HD4400 almost converted to Hackintosh with Yosemite, thanks to RehabMan guides.

I am looking for an internal replacement for the wifi/bt internal card.
It is a RTL8723BE with M.2 NGFF socket :confused: looks like it is unusable.

Any idea how can I replace it with a compatible one? I already have an external dongle but I was looking for internal card Wifi/Bluetooth or at least wifi only.
Thanks for any help.
Xenio

Realtek_RTL8723BE_NGFF.jpg

Yeah, tried this via the kext from earlier - seemed to match (from reading the console), but I guess not properly because the Airport didn't show up. Also added it to AirPortBrcm4360.kext in IO80211Family.kext (e.g. <string>pci14e4,4360</string>), but no joy, I get:

kernel[0]: ARPT: 6.396223: AirPort_Brcm43XX::start: failed

Feels like this should work though.

I think that means ... not supported...

Lenovo G50-70 i3 4005u with Intel HD4400 almost converted to Hackintosh with Yosemite, thanks to RehabMan guides.

I am looking for an internal replacement for the wifi/bt internal card.
It is a RTL8723BE with NGFF socket :confused: looks like it is unusable.

Any idea how can I replace it with a compatible one? I already have an external dongle but I was looking for internal card Wifi/Bluetooth or at least wifi only.
Thanks for any help.
Xenio

View attachment 149013

Broadcom BCM94352Z.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/160258-where-can-i-get-bcm94352z.html

Are there links (Amazon & Newegg) somewhere on tonymacx86 to known working PCIe Half Mini wifi cards in the buyer's guide like you do for all the desktop related items e.g. cpus, graphics cards, bluetooth dongles, etc? I've searched and can't find one. If not, is there a reason you prefer not to provide one?

I've read a lot of the related threads here and some people including myself have provided links to working options but I can't find any 'official' list of easy to purchase, known to work wifi options from reliable vendors. A large majority of the questions here seem to be around the basic question of which card to buy. Yes I know you have an extensive list of compatible chipsets e.g. BCM94352 HMB but searching on just the chipset turns up many options which may or may not work in reality. My first experience buying a wifi card just going by chipset didn't work even though it should have and I had to return it. If you guys could provide links for some working wifi and/or BT cards you could stand to make a few bucks via the referral fees and it would really help people out. Thank you.

Are there links (Amazon & Newegg) somewhere on tonymacx86 to known working PCIe Half Mini wifi cards in the buyer's guide like you do for all the desktop related items e.g. cpus, graphics cards, bluetooth dongles, etc? I've searched and can't find one. If not, is there a reason you prefer not to provide one?

I've read a lot of the related threads here and some people including myself have provided links to working options but I can't find any 'official' list of easy to purchase, known to work wifi options from reliable vendors. A large majority of the questions here seem to be around the basic question of which card to buy. Yes I know you have an extensive list of compatible chipsets e.g. BCM94352 HMB but searching on just the chipset turns up many options which may or may not work in reality. My first experience buying a wifi card just going by chipset didn't work even though it should have and I had to return it. If you guys could provide links for some working wifi and/or BT cards you could stand to make a few bucks via the referral fees and it would really help people out. Thank you.

Which one are you looking for?

A search on ebay or amazon will usually find what you're looking for.

Any BCM94352 will work.

Thank you for the quick reply. My note was just a recommendation and I didn't see a better place to post it. The other day I was looking for a probook 4540s compatible wifi card supported out of the box for my 2nd hackintosh that was from newegg or Amazon. I was hoping to get a wifi/bt combo card this time that would work OOB. I prefer to go the natively supported OOB route because it seems to be less susceptible to problems created by OS X version updates. I almost bought a Azurewave AW-CE123H on Amazon but some of the comments about problems with Yosemite made me wary. Ultimately, I decided to go the safe route so I reordered the same Atheros Wireless AR5BHB92 AR9280 wifi card and a separate GMYLE Bluetooth Adapter Dongle from Amazon that I used on my first 4540s because I know it works. The downside is that you guys didn't get a referral fee.

I've tried searching for and purchasing cards based on the chipset recommendation here but it didn't work out for me. I previously purchased a BCM943224HM on ebay but it had a non-standard id and it wouldn't work in Yosemite. The vendor was probably rebadging used cards or something since it was also difficult to install in Windows. I realize there are workarounds for situations like this but I think there are many people like me that just want to order something known to work from a reputable vendor without further trouble or surprises.

I think providing a link to Amazon or Newegg for several working wifi and/or BT combo cards would be a financial benefit to this site and a matter of convenience to the many people that appreciate the work you and other moderators do here. Thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back