Graphics
650m
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
This is a quick setup guide to install 10.7.4 Lion on your s3. You may have known me before as Denio24, however my account got banned due to redistributing Multibeast on the fora, so you'll have to download that yourself, with or without connection on your s3, as previously was included in the download package! So here it is -- this package and thread is here to stay for users willing to put Mac OS X on their s3!

The "Clean" Download File: Acer_s3.zip

Prerequisites:
  • 8+ GB Flash Drive
    App Store Lion or Lion USB Key (To be used w/ Unibeast)

Getting Started:
  • Download Lion from the App Store or use the Apple USB key with Unibeast; download it, and setup your 8 GB flash drive

Now, If you like, you can patch the installation files in the pre-installation folder in the .zip file you downloaded; replace in the exact folders as in the .zip on the Unibeast USB. This patch will allow you to install alongside an MBR partition.

Installation:
  • Great, so now we get down to business.

Boot the Unibeast USB from BIOS and proceed with the installation. After the installation is completed boot from the Mac OS X install USB again, and hop into the terminal.

Now, input the following into the terminal. This procedure will allow you to proceed with installation boot because w/o doing this the keyboard is not recognized properly. If you have another way of doing this, thats fine.

Code:
    cd /System/Library/CoreServices/"Setup Assistant.app"/Contents/Resoures/

rm -r "KeyboardTypeSection.bundle" "DeviceSection.bundle"

Great, now boot up once again on Unibeast USB and select the installed OS X partition. Congratulations, you've boot into OS X Lion! You're still not done, however, you will need to install and replace some more files.

Post-Installation:
  • Install the Chameleon bootloader found in the zip file; this will install it permanentely so you wont need Unibeast to boot.

Replace the files in the /Extra folder on the OS X partition, if there even is one, with the Extra_Replace_Me folder found in the zip file. Just make sure these files are in the /Extra folder (you created, or not) to make sure that the Chameleon BL will atually detect these files.

These files include the PS/2 & Keyboard kexts along with the DSDT & NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.

Note for i7 users this DSDT was made for the i5 version, however it may be possible it will work for you, if not, just give TonyMac or MacMan (not sure) your extracted DSDT, and they'll clean it up for you.

Reboot your machine. You can boot -v (verbose) to see that the DSDT acually loaded.

If reboot goes well, rm -rf the NullCPUPowermanagement.kext in the /Extra/Extensions folder from the terminal.

Then, rm -rf the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext from the /System/Library/Extensions folder, and install the IntelCPUPowerManagement package from the zip file.

Download and use Multibeast from tonymacx86 and install the SSDT tables found under customization. Note, this includes the i5/i7 options so choose the appropriate one!

THEN REBOOT

ALMOST DONE! Open terminal once again. cd to /System/Library/Extensions/

rm -rf AppleHDA.kext, AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext

AND TO TOP IT OFF {AUDIO & BATTERY} Install the two packages in the last folder to get audio and battery manager working.

Now, i recommend either of these WIFI cards, particularily the BT combo one (I haven't however included the driver for it in the zip file; only the driver for the AR9285 has been included.)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/26095306634...NX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_2821wt_946

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300708491574?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

If you go for the second option, which is the 9285, rm -rf IO80211Family.kext from /System/Library/Extensions. Backup if you find this included driver unstable.

Lastly use KextBeast to install the kext, or use the cp -rf command in the terminal to copy the IO80211Family.kext from the extracted zip into /System/Library/Extensions/

Use Multibeast to repair permissions, or as i prefer, from terminal (cd to the kext directory /S/L/E):

Code:
    sudo chmod -R 755 IO80211Family.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel IO80211Family.kext

What You Should Know:
  • The touchpad doesn't work, only like a PS/2 mouse. If anyone has a fix for this please post it on this thread!

If anyone finds the AR9285 driver unstable on N speeds let me know. I hava tested this card and have experienced a KP on N speeds with this driver. If anyone can find a solution to this please post it on this thread!

Brightness controls work via pressing fn+F12 and fn+Pause/Break

Thanks for reading, regards, Denio_12 :thumbup:

Attachments

• Acer_s3.zip
    13.5 MB · Views: 485
Thank you very much Denio,

only have two questions :

you can login to the mac app store?

and Both usb are working?

Nice Work with this guide .

Another question:
Is WiFi working without an external adapter? This is not clear as it's not mentioned in the "not working" list.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back