Contribute
Register

(guide 6/17) MSI Z77A-GD80 with Thunderbolt running 10.7.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently working on a clean 10.7.5 guide. Waiting for the official release to dropped then i'll test it and post. All using the new MultiBeast.

Also a Mountain Lion guide is in the works but waiting on it to be released so it's on the slow burner ;).

What sucks about the MSI board is that the prerelease board had the DSL3510. The release has the DSL3310. I'll be selling my MSI board for the gigabyte.

Well, it might actually not even be that, as at least in 10.7.4 the Gigabyte board doesn't work either, at least not after trying the kexts you provided here briefly earlier today.
It turns out that there's apparently a small firmware that goes along with the TB chips and it's possible that Apple has some unique identifiers here that we're not aware of, but we'll see how it all works with 10.7.5 or Mountain Lion. I'd hold off selling that board until then at least.

Alfa147x said:
What sucks about the MSI board is that the prerelease board had the DSL3510. The release has the DSL3310. I'll be selling my MSI board for the gigabyte.

thelostswede said:
Well, it might actually not even be that, as at least in 10.7.4 the Gigabyte board doesn't work either, at least not after trying the kexts you provided here briefly earlier today.
It turns out that there's apparently a small firmware that goes along with the TB chips and it's possible that Apple has some unique identifiers here that we're not aware of, but we'll see how it all works with 10.7.5 or Mountain Lion. I'd hold off selling that board until then at least.

Alfa147x said:

Meh. Already sold it. $50 loss. :\ if any chip were to be supported then it would be the DSL3510. Plus dual thunderbolt makes a bit more sense to my daily use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back