Contribute
Register

[Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit mask! 90 percent didn't see what it was, what to do?

A bit mask! 90 percent didn't see what it was, what to do?
USB2.0 = EC01 USB3.0 = XHC, to move the USB3.0 2 excuses to XHC to achieve high speed? Is there a simple method, a little convoluted?:banghead:

I don't understand your question.
Please use detailed (but concise) and clearly understood questions.

I don't understand your question.
Please use detailed (but concise) and clearly understood questions.
I see you have published many tutorials, but I haven't been able to see how I should operate! It is estimated that the reason for the translation software is... How do I get started?

Attachments

• The application of translation is to blame.png
    The application of translation is to blame.png
    242.8 KB · Views: 280
Hi guys, I'm experiencing a problem with an OS X (10.11.6 El Capitan) installation on a HP 2570p notebook, I've followed the RehabMan's guide (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch-10-11.189416/) verbatim (or so I think) now I have a mostly fully functional hackintosh :) (thank you RehabMan and Hackintosh community!)

However there is a small issue that I've encountered, whenever I insert an USB drive (USB key, USB hard drive) to any USB 3.0 port on my notebook (this HP has 2 USB 3.0 and 1 USB 2.0 ports) OS X tells me (trough a notification on the top right area of the screen) : "USB Device needs Power" and if I look at the /private/var/log/system.log file trough Console.app I see this: "Sep 4 20:32:39 HP kernel[0]: 010511.333499 DataTraveler 3.0@1a120000: IOUSBHostDevice::setConfigurationGated: 300mA of bus current is not available" or similar messages with different names according to the manufacturer/model of the USB device (Lexar, SanDisk etc..)

I've also tried using the USBHubPowerFix kext by mkhon (https://github.com/mkhon/USBHubPowerFix) but even though I get the "kUSBConfigurationCurrentOverride" entry in ioreg output it seems that it isn't solving my problem..

The issue doesn't (always) happen with the single USB 2.0 port ..

Another strange thing is that if I insert an USB device to a USB 3.0 port before powering on the laptop the device is detected and mounted, on the contrary if I connect it after the system booted then it isn't recognised (not even in system.log) :-/

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post but since my issue is related to USB i thought that was the best place..

Hi guys, I'm experiencing a problem with an OS X (10.11.6 El Capitan) installation on a HP 2570p notebook, I've followed the RehabMan's guide (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch-10-11.189416/) verbatim (or so I think) now I have a mostly fully functional hackintosh :) (thank you RehabMan and Hackintosh community!)

However there is a small issue that I've encountered, whenever I insert an USB drive (USB key, USB hard drive) to any USB 3.0 port on my notebook (this HP has 2 USB 3.0 and 1 USB 2.0 ports) OS X tells me (trough a notification on the top right area of the screen) : "USB Device needs Power" and if I look at the /private/var/log/system.log file trough Console.app I see this: "Sep 4 20:32:39 HP kernel[0]: 010511.333499 DataTraveler 3.0@1a120000: IOUSBHostDevice::setConfigurationGated: 300mA of bus current is not available" or similar messages with different names according to the manufacturer/model of the USB device (Lexar, SanDisk etc..)

I've also tried using the USBHubPowerFix kext by mkhon (https://github.com/mkhon/USBHubPowerFix) but even though I get the "kUSBConfigurationCurrentOverride" entry in ioreg output it seems that it isn't solving my problem..

The issue doesn't (always) happen with the single USB 2.0 port ..

Another strange thing is that if I insert an USB device to a USB 3.0 port before powering on the laptop the device is detected and mounted, on the contrary if I connect it after the system booted then it isn't recognised (not even in system.log) :-/

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post but since my issue is related to USB i thought that was the best place..

You should reply in the Probook guide thread with "Problem Reporting" files.

Post 10.12.6 is there still a need for XHCI-200-series-injector.kext?

Post 10.12.6 is there still a need for XHCI-200-series-injector.kext?

Yes.
Note no output:
Code:
SPEEDY-NUC-2:injectall.git rehabman$ grep -y 0xa2af8086 -r /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBHostFamily.kext/

Compare to:
Code:
SPEEDY-NUC-2:injectall.git rehabman$ grep -y 0xa12f8086 -r /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBHostFamily.kext/
/System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBHostFamily.kext//Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBXHCIPCI.kext/Contents/Info.plist: <string>0xa12f8086</string>

Specific Recommendations (100-series)

There is no EHCI controller in 100-series, so several of the solutions (and problems) for 7/8/9-series don't apply to 100-series.

Install USBInjectAll.kext. You will need the port limit patch as well as 100-series injection will always inject more than 15 ports.

From there, customize USBInjectAll using an SSDT with UIAC/RMCF. See USBInjectAll README. It is worthwhile to seek out an SSDT specific for your board that an expert has already created.

Once you have all ports injected, test them, determine which ones you can live without and exclude them with kernel flag uia_exclude. Kernel flag uia_exlude will exclude ports even from a custom USBInjectAll configuration via RMCF. After enough ports are excluded to bring the total ports under 15, you can eliminate the port limit patch.

I have two onboard XHCI controllers(intel and ASM1142), when calculating the total ports, I don't know how to calculate, all together(two XHCI`s total ports under 15) or separately(intel XHCI`s ports under 15, ASM1142`s ports under 15)?

I have two onboard XHCI controller(intel and ASM1142), when calculating the total ports, I don't know how to calculate, all together(two XHCI`s total ports under 15) or separately(intel XHCI`s ports under 15, ASM1142`s ports under 15)?

Nonsense.
The port limit is per xHCI controller.

Note: This guide is for only Intel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back