Contribute
Register

[Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I treat a usb2 hub then when creating an SSDT? From the guide I read that I'm supposed to get something like this:

HS01: USB2 device on port #1 from USB3 motherboard header, port <01 00 00 00>
HS02: USB2 device on port #2 from USB3 motherboard header, port <02 00 00 00>
HS03: USB2 device on USB3 port between type-C and optical out, port <03 00 00 00>
HS04: USB2 device on USB3 port under i219V Ethernet jack, port <04 00 00 00>

But in my case I'm getting:

HS01: (DP03) USB3 device on port #1 from USB3 front of case, port <03 00 00 00>
HS01: (DP04) USB3 device on port #2 from USB3 front of case, port <04 00 00 00>
HS01: (DP03) USB2 device on port #1 from USB3 front of case, port <03 00 00 00>
HS01: (DP04) USB2 device on port #2 from USB3 front of case, port <04 00 00 00>

How should I treat this when I'm making the SSDT?

The port that the hub is attached to should be marked as internal (UsbConnector=255).
Usually, no other configuration of the hub is necessary.

If things are working correctly, you'll have another USB3 hub (that corresponds to the USB2 hub on HS01) on one of the SSxx ports (likely SS01).

The port that the hub is attached to should be marked as internal (UsbConnector=255).
Usually, no other configuration of the hub is necessary.

If things are working correctly, you'll have another USB3 hub (that corresponds to the USB2 hub on HS01) on one of the SSxx ports (likely SS01).

Great, thanks! :)
Yes there's a usb3.0 hub too on SS01.

Now I noticed that plugging a USB2.0 drive on a USB3.0 port in the motherboard shows up as SS while a USB 3.0 drive plugged in the same 3.0 port shows up as HS. How can I solve this? How is it that it's detecting the wrong type of USB?

Thanks for the help man!

Great, thanks! :)
Yes there's a usb3.0 hub too on SS01.

Now I noticed that plugging a USB2.0 drive on a USB3.0 port in the motherboard shows up as SS

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Hello rehab man
I just have one question
when i install my hackintosh then i installed maccam.dmg and usbinjectall.kext and my camera worked perfectly but after installing one more time the camera did not work
maybe that because i just sm bios so the kext did not work because my new smbios is for macbook retina 15 and i did not see that it is supported
i just put all files you asked in attachment
do you have any suggestion
Thanks

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 85
Hello rehab man
I just have one question
when i install my hackintosh then i installed maccam.dmg and usbinjectall.kext and my camera worked perfectly but after installing one more time the camera did not work
maybe that because i just sm bios so the kext did not work because my new smbios is for macbook retina 15 and i did not see that it is supported
i just put all files you asked in attachment
do you have any suggestion
Thanks

The ioreg shows USBInjectAll.kext is not active. Probably SIP not disabled correctly...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back