Contribute
Register

[Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The limit has already been extended to 30. I do see all 26 entries.

No. Your ioreg clearly indicates otherwise.

The patch is not present/not processed according to your bootlog:
Code:
0:113  0:000  KextsToPatch: 4 requested
0:113  0:000   - [00]: AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer (t2-10.11.4-SKL-1912000-Port_0x6-DP2HDM) :: BinPatch :: data len: 12
0:113  0:000   - [01]: AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer (Intel HD 530 - Port 7 as HDMI) :: patch disabled, skipped
0:113  0:000   - [02]: AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer (10.11-SKL-1912000-4_displays) :: BinPatch :: data len: 4
0:113  0:000   - [03]: patch without Name, skipped

EDIT3: I tried adding Z170X-Gaming-7-USB3.0-Injection.kext provided below and it didn't change anything.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

No. Your ioreg clearly indicates otherwise.

The patch is not present/not processed according to your bootlog:
Code:
0:113  0:000  KextsToPatch: 4 requested
0:113  0:000   - [00]: AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer (t2-10.11.4-SKL-1912000-Port_0x6-DP2HDM) :: BinPatch :: data len: 12
0:113  0:000   - [01]: AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer (Intel HD 530 - Port 7 as HDMI) :: patch disabled, skipped
0:113  0:000   - [02]: AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer (10.11-SKL-1912000-4_displays) :: BinPatch :: data len: 4
0:113  0:000   - [03]: patch without Name, skipped

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".
Hey RehabMan, sorry, here's the correct problem report with the port limit patch

Attachments

• RobertPaulsonProbReport.zip
    3 MB · Views: 102
Hey RehabMan, sorry, here's the correct problem report with the port limit patch

Yes, all ports are enabled here.

Determine which ones are actually used, and create a custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext. Read ammulder's Skylake Starter guide for details.

Yes, all ports are enabled here.

Determine which ones are actually used, and create a custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext. Read ammulder's Skylake Starter guide for details.
Is it normal that nothing I plug shows up in the SS entries? And multiple ports on my case share the same HS entry? This is the problem I was asking you about.

"The limit has already been extended to 30. I do see all 26 entries. It's just that any usb plugged in my two USB3.0 case ports appears under HS01. There seems to be multiple ports under HS01. I've attached a picture that shows the 4 ports under HS01, one of them being the mouse currently plugged in to USB3 port#1 on the case. Port #2 appears right under that one. (AppleUSB20Hub@14130000 and AppleUSB20Hub@14140000 both under HS01) Thoughts?
And
One more thing, nothing is appearing in SS usb3 entries. For example: On my mobo back panel if I plug the mouse or a USB3 HD in one of the USB3.0 ports, both of them show up on HS04.
And
Z170X-Gaming-7-USB3.0-Injection.kext = This seems to be a kext modification you worked on with a user on IM for the same mono. I'm guessing you modified USBInjectAll.kext to match the port of the z170x gaming 7 which is my board. Why does injecting this kext not help?"

Thanks for your help RehabMan

Is it normal that nothing I plug shows up in the SS entries? And multiple ports on my case share the same HS entry? This is the problem I was asking you about.

"The limit has already been extended to 30. I do see all 26 entries. It's just that any usb plugged in my two USB3.0 case ports appears under HS01. There seems to be multiple ports under HS01. I've attached a picture that shows the 4 ports under HS01, one of them being the mouse currently plugged in to USB3 port#1 on the case. Port #2 appears right under that one. (AppleUSB20Hub@14130000 and AppleUSB20Hub@14140000 both under HS01) Thoughts?
And
One more thing, nothing is appearing in SS usb3 entries. For example: On my mobo back panel if I plug the mouse or a USB3 HD in one of the USB3.0 ports, both of them show up on HS04.
And
Z170X-Gaming-7-USB3.0-Injection.kext = This seems to be a kext modification you worked on with a user on IM for the same mono. I'm guessing you modified USBInjectAll.kext to match the port of the z170x gaming 7 which is my board. Why does injecting this kext not help?"

Thanks for your help RehabMan

Maybe your "case ports" are USB2 connectors?
Your ioreg showed no such devices plugged in.

It also could be a BIOS setting problem or the problem mentioned regarding _OSI. Because the chipset allows the SS part of a USB3 port to be disabled... if the BIOS or DSDT is doing that, a USB3 device in a USB3 port will show as HSxx as only the USB2 pins will activate.

I will note that your config.plist/ACPI/Fixes probably has many more "Fixes" than you need (or can prove are correct). I would start by removing them all.

You should remove the Z170X-Gaming-7-USB3.0-Injection.kext just to avoid confusion. It appears it is having no effect anyway. And good thing too, because the UsbConnector values are wrong.

Last edited:
Maybe your "case ports" are USB2 connectors?
Your ioreg showed no such devices plugged in.

It also could be a BIOS setting problem or the problem mentioned regarding _OSI. Because the chipset allows the SS part of a USB3 port to be disabled... if the BIOS or DSDT is doing that, a USB3 device in a USB3 port will show as HSxx as only the USB2 pins will activate.

I will note that your config.plist/ACPI/Fixes probably has many more "Fixes" than you need (or can prove are correct). I would start by removing them all.
I just checked my case port and connection and they're pretty straightforward. So I don't think it's a connection problem. USB3 ports are connected to the right header on the board and same for USB2.

It sounds like that could be it too. You're referring to change _OSI to XOSI yeah?

Also I admit there might be too many fixes in ACPI, I was hoping I could start testing out which I don't need when I finish with the USBs issue. Do you think the fixes I have could be causing my problem?

I just checked my case port and connection and they're pretty straightforward. So I don't think it's a connection problem. USB3 ports are connected to the right header on the board and same for USB2.

But if the case ports are USB2, it is as if you change the ports themselves to USB2. Something for you to check.

It sounds like that could be it too. You're referring to change _OSI to XOSI yeah?

Yes.

Also I admit there might be too many fixes in ACPI, I was hoping I could start testing out which I don't need when I finish with the USBs issue. Do you think the fixes I have could be causing my problem?

If you don't understand each of the Fixes you're using, you should remove them.

But if the case ports are USB2, it is as if you change the ports themselves to USB2. Something for you to check.

The case USB that I'm using are definitely 3.0 ports
I removed the unnecessary fixes I had by trial and error and a bit of online reading.

Would "change _OSI to XOSI" fix the issue in the picture attached? four ports under one HS entry.

Screen Shot 2016-08-28 at 5.33.50 PM.png

Would "change _OSI to XOSI" fix the issue in the picture attached? four ports under one HS entry.

No "issue" there. It is a USB2 hub. Fixing _OSI may fix some of your problems, but of course I cannot predict the future.

No "issue" there. It is a USB2 hub. Fixing _OSI may fix some of your problems, but of course I cannot predict the future.
How do I treat a usb2 hub then when creating an SSDT? From the guide I read that I'm supposed to get something like this:

HS01: USB2 device on port #1 from USB3 motherboard header, port <01 00 00 00>
HS02: USB2 device on port #2 from USB3 motherboard header, port <02 00 00 00>
HS03: USB2 device on USB3 port between type-C and optical out, port <03 00 00 00>
HS04: USB2 device on USB3 port under i219V Ethernet jack, port <04 00 00 00>

But in my case I'm getting:

HS01: (DP03) USB3 device on port #1 from USB3 front of case, port <03 00 00 00>
HS01: (DP04) USB3 device on port #2 from USB3 front of case, port <04 00 00 00>
HS01: (DP03) USB2 device on port #1 from USB3 front of case, port <03 00 00 00>
HS01: (DP04) USB2 device on port #2 from USB3 front of case, port <04 00 00 00>

How should I treat this when I'm making the SSDT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back