Contribute
Register

[Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps ACPI/origin does not exist. Or you didn't press F4 (some laptops reverse Fn+F4 for F4).

First, you need to use IORegistryExplorer to determine the USB ports that are actually used (and determine which are USB2, which are USB3, which are attached to internal devices). Then customize SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl to fit your findings... Save as AML (MaciASL, format: ACPI Machine Language Binary), and place in ACPI/patched where it can be loaded by Clover (if you're using SortedOrder, make sure it refers to your SSDT-UIAC file).

Sorry for another round of newb questions.. What do I use to customize the .dsl file? just a text/xml editor? and what tool do I use to save it as an .aml file? MacASL (https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-MaciASL-patchmatic)?

Thanks again...

Sorry for another round of newb questions.. What do I use to customize the .dsl file? just a text/xml editor? and what tool do I use to save it as an .aml file? MacASL (https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-MaciASL-patchmatic)?

Thanks again...

The SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl is ASL (read ACPI spec for more info), not XML. Use MaciASL (you could use a text editor also... I often use Xcode). You can compile with MaciASL (save as) or use iasl in Terminal.

Hi rehab man..
I'm a little overwhelmed with all this information though I'm just wondering whether it could be related to an issue I've got.

I get a crackling sound when I use usb audio on a specific Intel port on my motherboard. Other USB ports work but do not recognise the usb audio. However, I'm ok with this for now. The problem is through this Intel derived port on motherboard I get crackling sounds but when I plug in the USB audio to a case usb which connects to an internal motherboard header, I get perfect sound.

My build is in my sig and truth me told.... I'm tempted to upend it and get a gigabyte one as my previous UP5th build worked perfectly. Is there any obvious fix here?

Many thanks.

Hi rehab man..
I'm a little overwhelmed with all this information though I'm just wondering whether it could be related to an issue I've got.

I get a crackling sound when I use usb audio on a specific Intel port on my motherboard. Other USB ports work but do not recognise the usb audio. However, I'm ok with this for now. The problem is through this Intel derived port on motherboard I get crackling sounds but when I plug in the USB audio to a case usb which connects to an internal motherboard header, I get perfect sound.

My build is in my sig and truth me told.... I'm tempted to upend it and get a gigabyte one as my previous UP5th build worked perfectly. Is there any obvious fix here?

Many thanks.

No idea without details on which ports are involved (eg. port identifiers from ioreg), and all files as in post #1 "Problem Reporting".

If I had to guess, I'd say with a 100-series board, you're using the port limit patch to overcome the 15-port limit. And... that patch is simply not reliable for long term use. You should *expect* problems when using it. The idea is to use the patch only to discover the ports that are actually needed, then inject only those ports.

Thanks. Ive implemented the USB port limiter to 14 after following your instructions but the audio problem still persists.

If you think it is a USB problem, must provide the files requested in post #1, "Problem Reporting".

The SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl is ASL (read ACPI spec for more info), not XML. Use MaciASL (you could use a text editor also... I often use Xcode). You can compile with MaciASL (save as) or use iasl in Terminal.

Thanks! I've taken a look at the SSDT-UIAC-all.dsl and identified all the used USB ports on my laptop. I'll remove the ports that are not used

A few more questions ;)

1) do I also remove the other 8086_1e31, 8086_8xxx,8086_9xxx,8086_9cb1,8086_a12f, 8086_9d2f sections? I'm assuming these correspond to other USB 3.0 chipsets (which I don't have)?

2) do I remove the port connecting to the BT device i want to remove via the SSDT or should keep it in and exclude it via the kernel flag?

3) So and the end of the day, I keep using USBInjectAll.kext (in /S/L/E) + the customized SSDT.aml (in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched) + kernel flag to exclude the undesirable port?

Thanks!!!

1) do I also remove the other 8086_1e31, 8086_8xxx,8086_9xxx,8086_9cb1,8086_a12f, 8086_9d2f sections? I'm assuming these correspond to other USB 3.0 chipsets (which I don't have)?

You can remove the data that doesn't apply to your chipset.

2) do I remove the port connecting to the BT device i want to remove via the SSDT or should keep it in and exclude it via the kernel flag?

Same result. Your choice.

3) So and the end of the day, I keep using USBInjectAll.kext (in /S/L/E) + the customized SSDT.aml (in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched) + kernel flag to exclude the undesirable port?

Or SSDT with undesirable port excluded.

Reactions: clx
Shutdown problems with your desktop hardware are off-topic here.

ok let's forget about "shutdown problem"

I have installed USBInject.kext just like your guide. but sometimes my usb (keyboard) suddenly not detected. so I must re-plug again my usb keyboard to make it work again.

can you help me with that rehab man ? thank you

I attached requirement problem reporting files too...

Attachments

• for rehabman.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 100
ok let's forget about "shutdown problem"

I have installed USBInject.kext just like your guide. but sometimes my usb (keyboard) suddenly not detected. so I must re-plug again my usb keyboard to make it work again.

can you help me with that rehab man ? thank you

I attached requirement problem reporting files too...

Your keyboard is attached to UHCI (this is USB1, I think). I have no real experience with this kind of hardware... And it is not accounted for in USBInjectAll.kext. FakePCIID/XHCIMux not applicable either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back