Contribute
Register

[Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi rehabman, I'd like to thank you for all the work you have put in already, and see if you can help me out!

I've read through the thread but nothing appears to be working for me.

I have an Asus Z97 Gryphon motherboard, it has 4x USB2 and 6X USB3 (2 are front panel).

I have done so far:

FakePCIID_XHCIMux, FakePCIID and USBInjectAll installed to S/L/E and EFI clover kexts 10.10 + 10.11.

Have EHC1/2 to EH01/2 DSDT patches installed, and _OSI to XOSI DSDT patch installed.

Booting with "-uia_exclude_xhc" flag

it doesn't seem I have gotten anywhere. All my USB ports are running at USB2 speeds, apart from one USB3 port (happens to be front panel) that runs at full speeds.
I have attached my IOREG, DSDT patches, and USB system information to see if you can help me please?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Ben’s iMac.ioreg
    11.6 MB · Views: 113
  • Screen Shot 2016-01-24 at 17.58.04.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-24 at 17.58.04.png
    72.6 KB · Views: 134
  • Screen Shot 2016-01-24 at 18.03.40.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-24 at 18.03.40.png
    70.2 KB · Views: 101
nothing ... I put this code in fact he had already tried before in hexadecimal.

Always edit config.plist with a plist editor (Xcode, PlistEdit Pro). Never a text editor.

Please note that your ioreg already shows the rename effective.

That sorted it. Thanks.

All USB3 now still working well thanks to your help. Only minor niggle I have is that my multi card reader now doesn't work (worked in Yosemite and works in Windows) - fixable you think or something I'll have to put up with?

Card reader is USB? Do you see it in ioreg?

Hi rehabman, I'd like to thank you for all the work you have put in already, and see if you can help me out!

I've read through the thread but nothing appears to be working for me.

I have an Asus Z97 Gryphon motherboard, it has 4x USB2 and 6X USB3 (2 are front panel).

I have done so far:

FakePCIID_XHCIMux, FakePCIID and USBInjectAll installed to S/L/E and EFI clover kexts 10.10 + 10.11.

Have EHC1/2 to EH01/2 DSDT patches installed, and _OSI to XOSI DSDT patch installed.

Booting with "-uia_exclude_xhc" flag

it doesn't seem I have gotten anywhere. All my USB ports are running at USB2 speeds, apart from one USB3 port (happens to be front panel) that runs at full speeds.
I have attached my IOREG, DSDT patches, and USB system information to see if you can help me please?

Thanks!

Remove -uia_exclude_xhc. Use -uia_exclude_hs instead.

You're amazing, thanks so much, that fixed it! What's the different between the two? The guide I followed said to use exlude xhc!

Also does this mean I do not need the _OSI fix, and is there anything else I have tried I can remove?

Finally do I need to create a custom DSDT patch to only enable the USB ports I need?

I've attached a fresh ioreg with all USB ports my system has tested.

Once again thank you so much, I've been literally trying to fix it for months!

Attachments

• Ben’s iMac.ioreg
    9.1 MB · Views: 97
Always edit config.plist with a plist editor (Xcode, PlistEdit Pro). Never a text editor.

Please note that your ioreg already shows the rename effective.

In that case even though not using the correct software to rename why is modified correctly? Why not work after following the changes? Thanks for your patience reahbman

I replicated configuration mate and nothing ... now if I have the good information system located in ports ... but I do not transfer speed 3.0

You're amazing, thanks so much, that fixed it! What's the different between the two? The guide I followed said to use exlude xhc!

Also does this mean I do not need the _OSI fix, and is there anything else I have tried I can remove?

Finally do I need to create a custom DSDT patch to only enable the USB ports I need?

I've attached a fresh ioreg with all USB ports my system has tested.

Once again thank you so much, I've been literally trying to fix it for months!

The function of the various flags for USBInjectAll are detailed in the README: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-USB-Inject-All

If your USB is fully working, then there is nothing else you need to do. Optimizing enabled USB ports is more important on laptops where extra unused ports may be using extra power.

I replicated configuration mate and nothing ... now if I have the good information system located in ports ... but I do not transfer speed 3.0

The post you replied to was not a reply to you.

The rename is working. Renaming is only part of the solution. Read post #1.

I imagine you mean I just need to rename EHC1 / 2 XCH and forget? I installed a kext by mistake? I'm confused, I'm sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back