Contribute
Register

[Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got it for some reason I did not realize I can choose IOACPIPlane from the drop down of ioreg. Now I see the addresses on left side and _adr on the right side for each port!!

I can take the script from one of your examples? Are they not all for USB3?

Attachments

• IOACPIPlane.png
    IOACPIPlane.png
    68.9 KB · Views: 401
Got it for some reason I did not realize I can choose IOACPIPlane from the drop down of ioreg. Now I see the addresses on left side and _adr on the right side for each port!!

I can take the script from one of your examples? Are they not all for USB3?

Not all for USB3. Some for USB2, USB3, USB2 hub.

Got it, slowly getting there. Do I need to two separate hubs as you have inside info.plist? My address should have 8 not 6 bytes? So for example, the first address, _adr is 1d0001, I would name it 001d0001, 01d00010 or 1d000100 into info.plist? And the port count bytes should be left alone or changed? I put 04000000 instead of 01000000.

Can I inject this in /Clover/kexts/10.11 or it will need to go in /S/L/E? I attached what I have so far.

Thanks for the help.

Edited:

Made the changes but still no results. I attached the latest modified injector. I removed the Hub-EH02 which was there originally. In one of your examples there was no hub for EH01/EH02 but instead added the property kUSBMuxEnabled since it was in one of your devices.

One other note. I don't know if this is a clover issue or not but I see the LED go out on the mouse right after clover loads but before the kernel starts so could this be a clover usb issue? I am on v3270.

Attachments

• G51Jx_PortInjector.kext.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 186
Got it, slowly getting there. Do I need to two separate hubs as you have inside info.plist? My address should have 8 not 6 bytes? So for example, the first address, _adr is 1d0001, I would name it 001d0001, 01d00010 or 1d000100 into info.plist? And the port count bytes should be left alone or changed? I put 04000000 instead of 01000000.

LocationID only comes into play with the hub... and it is the locationID of the hub itself (select the hub and look to the associated locationID property).

The locationID is entered as a number. You can enter with 0x prefix in Xcode and it will convert to decimal for you.

Can I inject this in /Clover/kexts/10.11 or it will need to go in /S/L/E? I attached what I have so far.

I install all kexts to /S/L/E (or /L/E).

Made the changes but still no results. I attached the latest modified injector. I removed the Hub-EH02 which was there originally. In one of your examples there was no hub for EH01/EH02 but instead added the property kUSBMuxEnabled since it was in one of your devices.

One other note. I don't know if this is a clover issue or not but I see the LED go out on the mouse right after clover loads but before the kernel starts so could this be a clover usb issue? I am on v3270.

Post ioreg and the injector. The port injector you posted here has no hub injector. Not sure if that's what you're trying to do or not.

I have to fix it again I removed the Hub portion of the injector. Will give it another whirl. Thanks

After Applying Patch in DSDT Getting Syn Errors
Screen Shot 2015-10-04 at 12.01.11 AM.png

Code:
 Method (_L0D, 0, NotSerialized)  // _Lxx: Level-Triggered GPE        {
            Notify (\_SB.PCI0.XHC, 0x02)
            Notify (\_SB.PCI0.EH01. 0x02)
            Notify (\_SB.PCI0.EH02. 0x02)
            Notify (\_SB.PCI0.HDEF, 0x02)
        }

I must have something misconfigured in the port injector. For the Hub the ports are added again? It seems redundant? I have the locationID correct converted from hex to decimal. Are the Port address's entered correctly into the injector?

For the Physical USB2 ports they are on Hub EC01 and the port address's are 001d0001 through 001d0004 and for the BT/Camera Hub at EC02, I have 3 ports, 001a0001 through 001a0003.

Also I have USB connector as 255 instead of 2. I also left kUSBMuxEnabled as yes.

Both ioreg and injector attached.

Thanks

Attachments

• Ioreg_Injector.zip
    459.7 KB · Views: 185
After Applying Patch in DSDT Getting Syn Errors
View attachment 153783

Code:
 Method (_L0D, 0, NotSerialized)  // _Lxx: Level-Triggered GPE        {
            Notify (\_SB.PCI0.XHC, 0x02)
            Notify (\_SB.PCI0.EH01. 0x02)
            Notify (\_SB.PCI0.EH02. 0x02)
            Notify (\_SB.PCI0.HDEF, 0x02)
        }

Not possible to diagnose errors with the file causing the error.

I must have something misconfigured in the port injector. For the Hub the ports are added again? It seems redundant? I have the locationID correct converted from hex to decimal. Are the Port address's entered correctly into the injector?

For the Physical USB2 ports they are on Hub EC01 and the port address's are 001d0001 through 001d0004 and for the BT/Camera Hub at EC02, I have 3 ports, 001a0001 through 001a0003.

Also I have USB connector as 255 instead of 2. I also left kUSBMuxEnabled as yes.

Both ioreg and injector attached.

Thanks

Port numbers 'port' are entered incorrectly. Must be 'data' type. Must be 32-bits (4 bytes), Intel byte order. These numbers have nothing to do with 'locationID'. 'port' corresponds to _ADR for the port in IOACPIPlane.

Refer to the examples.

hi RehabMan,
on a Lenovo E540 with Clover the update to 10.11 went fine... except built-in camera! (USB works fine)
attached ioreg 10.10 and 10.11.
any idea how to solve this?
awesome job you are doing! tx!

Attachments

• 10-10.ioreg
    2.2 MB · Views: 217
  • 10-11.ioreg
    2.3 MB · Views: 202
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back