Contribute
Register

[Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if the values injected are the same. You can verify in ioreg
Good to know

The advantage of doing it yourself with SSDT/Arbitrary/etc is that you can change the values if needed, and have total control over which properties are injected. Clover Devices/USB/Inject gives you only limited control.
Yes, you are right.
As I can see, using Arbitrary way in DSDT, will result the same effect as SSDT-EH0x.dsl?

Bad idea using "Arbitrary" injection. I got a KP.
Now I'll do a test using SSDT-EH01.dsl, SSDT-EH02.dsl, and SSDT-XHC.dsl.

Good news! With SSDT-EH01, SSDT-EH02, and SSDT-XHC, I got good results. And it's clear in IOReg that I have more power injection.

With only Clover USB Inject/AddClockID/FixOwnership/HighCurrent patches:
Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 12.28.42 PM.png

And with SSDTs:
Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 12.28.10 PM.png

Good to know

Yes, you are right.
As I can see, using Arbitrary way in DSDT, will result the same effect as SSDT-EH0x.dsl?

All methods result in the properties being injected.
There is no difference, other than potentially the difference in the set of properties injected (under your control) or the values of each property (also under your control).

Bad idea using "Arbitrary" injection. I got a KP.

You made a mistake...
Keep in mind using Arbitrary disables all other automatic injects (eg. Graphics/Inject/Intel=true, etc, are ignored).

Keep in mind using Arbitrary disables all other automatic injects (eg. Graphics/Inject/Intel=true, etc, are ignored).
Hmm that's a surprise for me. I didn't knew that.

Basically using the Arbitrary way I need do all my static patches in config.plist again.

It's not too practical as hotpath...IMHO

Rehabman,

I am using a 6700k / 100 series motherboard (G170x-UD5) with a fresh install of OS X 10.12.3 and am having a lot of confusion getting the USB ports to recognize mass storage devices (every port recognizes my audio interface, mouse, keyboard etc). I can't find a working download for ioreg to show you more, suffice to say that I installed USBInjectAll to library/extensions and attempted your 100-series port patch:
"<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>change 15 port limit to 26 in XHCI kext (100-series) 10.12</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>g710////EA==</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>g710////Gw==</data>
</dict>
"
Adding it to my Clover config in the correct place. Every time I attempted to boot with onboard Clover bootloader with this patch included in config it resulted in a black screen; I could still get to my Sierra installation using the untouched Clover on my bootable USB drive but was dismayed to find that my NVIDIA drivers no longer loaded... I noticed that I did not have an AppleUSBXHCIPCI kext anywhere, so I'm confused as to what values this patch is supposed to be changing.

I'm also quite new to this. The guide I was looking at when I ordered the parts made it look easy, and it's turning out to be much more problematic than I expected!

Rehabman,

I am using a 6700k / 100 series motherboard (G170x-UD5) with a fresh install of OS X 10.12.3 and am having a lot of confusion getting the USB ports to recognize mass storage devices (every port recognizes my audio interface, mouse, keyboard etc). I can't find a working download for ioreg to show you more, suffice to say that I installed USBInjectAll to library/extensions and attempted your 100-series port patch:
"<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>change 15 port limit to 26 in XHCI kext (100-series) 10.12</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>g710////EA==</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>g710////Gw==</data>
</dict>
"
Adding it to my Clover config in the correct place. Every time I attempted to boot with onboard Clover bootloader with this patch included in config it resulted in a black screen; I could still get to my Sierra installation using the untouched Clover on my bootable USB drive but was dismayed to find that my NVIDIA drivers no longer loaded... I noticed that I did not have an AppleUSBXHCIPCI kext anywhere, so I'm confused as to what values this patch is supposed to be changing.

I'm also quite new to this. The guide I was looking at when I ordered the parts made it look easy, and it's turning out to be much more problematic than I expected!

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".
Plan on creating a custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext. Guide is linked from post #1.
Sounds like you corrupted your config.plist when you made the port limit patch edits.
Never use a text editor to edit your config.plist.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".
Plan on creating a custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext. Guide is linked from post #1.
Sounds like you corrupted your config.plist when you made the port limit patch edits.
Never use a text editor to edit your config.plist.

Thanks for the advice. I was stupidly just copy/pasting into the config.plist with Textedit, assuming it would work like the more familiar app cracks I've done in the past. Luckily, I was able to get back in by booting using USB version of clover bootloader and replacing the config on the EFI boot drive with a backup. Then, I used the most current version of Multibeast to apply the port limitation patch. Upon reboot, the system saw all my storage drives on every USB port at the correct speed. Currently happily loading much of my media and software with perfect stability. However, if you suggest this custom SSDT as a long-term solution I suppose it will have to be done.

Attached: my EFI and the IOREg (you'll notice I've got lots of stuff plugged in)

Attachments

• EFI28176pm.zip
    18.4 MB · Views: 68
  • William’s iMac.ioreg
    5.9 MB · Views: 108
Thanks for the advice. I was stupidly just copy/pasting into the config.plist with Textedit, assuming it would work like the more familiar app cracks I've done in the past. Luckily, I was able to get back in by booting using USB version of clover bootloader and replacing the config on the EFI boot drive with a backup. Then, I used the most current version of Multibeast to apply the port limitation patch. Upon reboot, the system saw all my storage drives on every USB port at the correct speed. Currently happily loading much of my media and software with perfect stability. However, if you suggest this custom SSDT as a long-term solution I suppose it will have to be done.

Attached: my EFI and the IOREg (you'll notice I've got lots of stuff plugged in)

No need for EFI/ioreg if everything is proceeding according to the guide.
The port limit patch is only for short-term use. Read post #1 for details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back