Contribute
Register

[Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
With manual renaming it compile perfect!
Now i can boot fine with DSDT and SSDT-2 patch with the EH01.
I still don't have bluetooth, can see if USB bus now it's ok, or i need to do another thing.

Test bluetooth on Windows to be sure your hardware is working.
Could be BIOS setting mistake... make sure BT is enabled in BIOS, and any "fast boot" option is disabled.

With this patch i loose audio.

Define 'this patch'.

Hello RehabMan,

Okay, this may be another case where I don't need this kext at all.

After getting all the USB ports to show up in IOReg, I went about plugging in USB devices to my laptop (both USB 2 and USB 3 devices). There are only 2 USB ports on the chassis of this laptop. When I plug in USB 2 devices into these ports, HS02 and HS03 are used. When I plug in a USB 3 device, SS02 and SS03 are used. The webcam and BT are connected to HS05 and HS07 respectively. There is an IOUSBHostDevice on HS08 (maybe my card reader, which is not working at the moment anyway). All other ports are empty.

So, this list of used ports is EXACTLY the same list that was already visible before installing the UIA kext and increasing port-limit.

So, does this mean that my ACPI (DSDT) is correctly exposing the USB ports, thus negating the need for the UIA kext and SSDT?

Also, in your Github README, you have mentioned that your Lenovo U430 has its touchscreen plugged into one of the USB ports (HS01). How come my touchscreen is not detected at all? I also have a fingerprint reader, which I guess would also be connected to a USB port internally, which is also not detected. Same with the card reader. I am guessing they would all need separate drivers, before IOReg would show them?

So, this list of used ports is EXACTLY the same list that was already visible before installing the UIA kext and increasing port-limit.

So, does this mean that my ACPI (DSDT) is correctly exposing the USB ports, thus negating the need for the UIA kext and SSDT?

Yes, but your DSDT causes UsbConnector to be wrong. HS02/HS03/SS02/SS03 appear to be correct (3). But HS05/HS07/HS08 are internal and should be UsbConnector=255.

Also, in your Github README, you have mentioned that your Lenovo U430 has its touchscreen plugged into one of the USB ports (HS01). How come my touchscreen is not detected at all?

Your touchscreen might be I2C. You should check in Windows Device Manager.

I also have a fingerprint reader, which I guess would also be connected to a USB port internally,

Might be HS08. Since vendor 138a is "Validity Sensors", seems likely HS08 is connected to the finger print reaer.

Same with the card reader.

The card reader may be on the PCIe bus. Check in Windows Device Manager.

Test bluetooth on Windows to be sure your hardware is working.
Could be BIOS setting mistake... make sure BT is enabled in BIOS, and any "fast boot" option is disabled.
Define 'this patch'.
Now I've USB working correct?
The Bluetooth is on USB bus?
The patch I was talking about was the renaming EH01. If I use that patch in DSDT and SSDT-2 I loose audio.

Now I've USB working correct?
The Bluetooth is on USB bus?

Nothing attached.

The patch I was talking about was the renaming EH01. If I use that patch in DSDT and SSDT-2 I loose audio.

Unless your audio is via USB, renaming EHCx->EH0x will not affect it.

Nothing attached.

Unless your audio is via USB, renaming EHCx->EH0x will not affect it.
In my BIOS i doesn't have option for bluetooth.
With this setup still not have audio codec working.
Now it take time to boot, it stop on the screen on printscreen.

Attachments

• IMG_20161213_213104.jpg
    IMG_20161213_213104.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 103
In my BIOS i doesn't have option for bluetooth.
With this setup still not have audio codec working.
Now it take time to boot, it stop on the screen on printscreen.

Diagnosis of a panic not possible without the EFI/Clover that causes it.
Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Diagnosis of a panic not possible without the EFI/Clover that causes it.
Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).
The system boot up fine, but it take too long in the screenshot above.
Here you have my clover.
I thing it's something about audio, because now i don't have audio, the speaker icon is gray.
Maybe in this aml i'm missing any audio patch?

Attachments

• Arquivo.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 94
The system boot up fine, but it take too long in the screenshot above.

A KP will stop boot, then cause reboot.
You need to work on cleaning up your config.plist, as previously discussed. It is full of nonsense KextsToPatch content...
Also, all kexts you need should be installed to the system volume. Kext injection is only for when it is necessary (installer/recovery).
ACPI is not patched correctly (follow guide linked from the laptop FAQ).

I thing it's something about audio, because now i don't have audio, the speaker icon is gray.
Maybe in this aml i'm missing any audio patch?

Your kextcache shows no patched AppleHDA components installed.

A KP will stop boot, then cause reboot.
You need to work on cleaning up your config.plist, as previously discussed. It is full of nonsense KextsToPatch content...
Also, all kexts you need should be installed to the system volume. Kext injection is only for when it is necessary (installer/recovery).
ACPI is not patched correctly (follow guide linked from the laptop FAQ).

Your kextcache shows no patched AppleHDA components installed.
Your HD4400.plist as 15 patchs and i copy all of them because i don't know what are important for the HD4400.
What do mean with ACPI not patched correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back