Contribute
Register

[Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, those were typos. My DSDT has XHC and EH01 (not what I said earlier).

I will disable the port with the fingerprint sensor.

My documents are attached (same as the power management thread that I just uploaded).

I already responded to your files in the PM thread.

I already responded to your files in the PM thread.
Thank you.

As for instant wake, I added this to the post above but I bet you didn't see it:
I looked at the "instant wake" area of the guide. It looks like I need to mess with the _PRW methods in my DSDT. I see 0x0D and 0x6D in my DSDT in different areas. Which patch should I apply? Or do I just remove the _PRW methods all together?

Thank you.

As for instant wake, I added this to the post above but I bet you didn't see it:
I looked at the "instant wake" area of the guide. It looks like I need to mess with the _PRW methods in my DSDT. I see 0x0D and 0x6D in my DSDT in different areas. Which patch should I apply? Or do I just remove the _PRW methods all together?

It will be obvious which patch you need when you apply one of them and review the changes in the preview.

Both patches are providing the same number of patches (12).

As expected. It is the actions of the patch, not the number. Pay attention to the previous value for the GPE index (0x0d or 0x6d) and make sure you're NOT changing it.

As expected. It is the actions of the patch, not the number. Pay attention to the previous value for the GPE index (0x0d or 0x6d) and make sure you're NOT changing it.
The 0x6D patch is what I applied, and sleep is now working again.

Everything seems to be working as expected. Thanks for your help.

Since you're using FakePCIID_XHCIMux to route USB2 on XHC to EHCI, you should use -uia_exclude_hs. Then you won't need the port limit patch.

Hey RehabMan,

1) look at the screenshots attached. Now I see only the SSPs attached to XHC, but no usb3.0 transferspeed is established, as well as the system is heavily unstable during file transfer with the generics usb3.0 kext.
Bildschirmfoto 2016-07-14 um 14.34.22.png
transferspeed to a attached usb3.0 external hdd
Bildschirmfoto 2016-07-14 um 14.32.35.png
2nd try of attaching this usb3.0 external to an usb3.0 on my io-shield (first try the 2 red lines with an error while transfering a 1gb testfile), 2nd try with the marked blue line.
Bildschirmfoto 2016-07-14 um 14.32.16.png

did I missed some sort of step that I should have taken to get usb3.0 speeds - and can you look into my x99 injector kext to tell me what i need to delete or add?

2) In addition,
you write in your first post under x99 recommendations:
But two items at this point may cause problems:
  • Your DSDT may be disabling USB3 due to improper Windows emulation. Apply the XOSI fix to address this.

I've used this line in my config to patch dsdt.aml:

Code:
<dict>
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <string>change _OSI to XOSI</string>
                    <key>Disabled</key>
                    <false/>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>
                    X09TSQ==
                    </data>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>
                    WE9TSQ==
                    </data>
                </dict>

but your provided SSDT patch (do i need it in addition to my dsdt patch?) for osi gives me 3 errors under maciasl ACPI 4.0 specification while compiling:
Bildschirmfoto 2016-07-16 um 15.09.55.png

3) I've done the xwak patch in my dsdt. that changed nothing.

___
OK I've found my error by myself due to some comparison with my x99 injector and your x99-injector in the usbinjectall final project. you are routing the USBXHCILPTH IOClass (whatever this does?) to the x8086:8d31 wellsburg xhci controller. That enables the usb3.0 ports on the x99 chipsets. thanks rehabman!!!

can you maybe help me with my hibernation problems?

Last edited:
Hey RehabMan,

1) look at the screenshots attached. Now I see only the SSPs attached to XHC, but no usb3.0 transferspeed is established, as well as the system is heavily unstable during file transfer with the generics usb3.0 kext.
View attachment 203455
transferspeed to a attached usb3.0 external hdd
View attachment 203454
2nd try of attaching this usb3.0 external to an usb3.0 on my io-shield (first try the 2 red lines with an error while transfering a 1gb testfile), 2nd try with the marked blue line.
View attachment 203453

did I missed some sort of step that I should have taken to get usb3.0 speeds - and can you look into my x99 injector kext to tell me what i need to delete or add?

Perhaps the USB3 ports you're testing are not Intel USB3.

2) In addition,
you write in your first post under x99 recommendations:

I've used this line in my config to patch dsdt.aml:

Code:
<dict>
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <string>change _OSI to XOSI</string>
                    <key>Disabled</key>
                    <false/>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>
                    X09TSQ==
                    </data>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>
                    WE9TSQ==
                    </data>
                </dict>

but your provided SSDT patch (do i need it in addition to my dsdt patch?) for osi gives me 3 errors under maciasl ACPI 4.0 specification while compiling:
View attachment 203456

My files use ACPI 6.1.

OK I've found my error by myself due to some comparison with my x99 injector and your x99-injector in the usbinjectall final project. you are routing the USBXHCILPTH IOClass (whatever this does?) to the x8086:8d31 wellsburg xhci controller. That enables the usb3.0 ports on the x99 chipsets. thanks rehabman!!!

Using the wrong class would explain why your USB3 ports were not working...

Perhaps the USB3 ports you're testing are not Intel USB3.

My files use ACPI 6.1.

Using the wrong class would explain why your USB3 ports were not working...

Hey RehabMan,
thanks for all your help. I've now decided to create one single kext for my usb injection. See attached my USBInject_X99.kext
I've deleted all the not needed stuff I guess, all the smbios definitions and settings for other chipset series. Would this be enough, or do you recommend some other solution for the injection?

and with this solution, do i still need the uia_exclude_hs boot arg?

Attachments

• USBInject_X99.kext.zip
    11.8 KB · Views: 79
Hey RehabMan,
thanks for all your help. I've now decided to create one single kext for my usb injection. See attached my USBInject_X99.kext
I've deleted all the not needed stuff I guess, all the smbios definitions and settings for other chipset series. Would this be enough, or do you recommend some other solution for the injection?

and with this solution, do i still need the uia_exclude_hs boot arg?

Best to use an SSDT to customize USBInjectAll.kext. If you want to customize the kext itself, that borders on "being a developer", and so you're on your own there (anyone customizing kexts should have skills, and can check their own work).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back