Contribute
Register

[Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're free to do what you want, but it is my opinion that it is better to use kext injection only when needed. It is "more native" to install than to inject. Think of it this way: If you purchase non-Apple hardware for your Mac and it comes with its own kexts, does the hardware vendor come up with a crazy method to get the kext to load without being installed? ... No, they don't... they install the kext to the system volume so they can go to kernel cache just like the rest of the Apple provided kexts.

Yes it is true and makes sense what you said! I'll make how it should be done!

If you have time to see my attached kext folder, please can you suggest me what kext should be installed in the system and what should i keep in clover.
Thanks again
:)

Attachments

• 10.11.zip
    264.9 KB · Views: 88

Yes it is true and makes sense what you said! I'll make how it should be done!

If you have time to see my attached kext folder, please can you suggest me what kext should be installed in the system and what should i keep in clover.
Thanks again
:)

All kexts you need should be installed to the system volume.

Any "essential" kexts you need to boot the installer or use the recovery partition should be on EFI/Clover/kexts.

All kexts you need should be installed to the system volume.

Any "essential" kexts you need to boot the installer or use the recovery partition should be on EFI/Clover/kexts.

Thanks RehabMan, I'll do it. For me, the most difficult and priority was put my new
Asus X-99 Pro to operate in full with the 11.04 and it already did. Now I will dedicate
myself to my laptop :thumbup:
Thank you!

Hello Fergath, I have almost the exact same system as you:
asus x99-a/usb 3.1
i7 5820K, etc.

Can you please tell me the steps you used to get OS X 10.11 working on your
machine?
Thanks.

Danny

asus x99-a/usb 3.1
i7 5820K, etc.

machine?
Thanks.

Danny

Today I do not have availability to answer you, but I'll try tomorrow.

asus x99-a/usb 3.1
i7 5820K, etc.

machine?
Thanks.

Danny

Hi voyager99,
Install last Clover and try my zip use all inside. It's what I use after installation and I have everything working. But remember, my board is an X-99 Pro and not an X-99 A. Maybe all work equally well, do not know. If you want to use my config.plist, open it with clover configurator and in SMBios section clicks sometimes "shake" to create your own serial number.
First i update my Asus X-99 Pro USB 3.1 with the last bios in Asus site.
After that, go into UEFI Bios, and press F5 to "Load Optimized Defaults",
after, press F7 (Advanced), look for USB Config and Enable EHCI Hand-off and disable Serial Port. Save and exit.
Before installing If you also have a Nvidia GTX 9xx unacknowledged, change the Clover config.plist with nv_disable=1 and after the successful installation changes to nvda_drv=1. If you want use SMBios Mac Pro 6.1 you will have to patch AppleGraphicsControl.kext before install Nvidia Web Driver. Go to “/System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext” and edit the Info.plist inside the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext
Patch AppleGraphicsControl.kext by applying Fix #4 in the following post (otherwise it will boot to a black or white screen with 6.1 definition)
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...ver-install-loading-problems.html#post1016777

Attachments

• My EFI.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 66
hello
i have thinkpad x1 carbon gen 2, i am having problem to detect bluetooth BCM20702A0 (Dell DW1560 Broadcom BCM94352Z based M.2 NGFF WiFi ac+ BT4.0), it will only detect bluetooth with FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext load but it will drop usb3.0 speed.
thankyou

Attachments

• x1 carbon.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 71
hello
i have thinkpad x1 carbon gen 2, i am having problem to detect bluetooth BCM20702A0 (Dell DW1560 Broadcom BCM94352Z based M.2 NGFF WiFi ac+ BT4.0), it will only detect bluetooth with FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext load but it will drop usb3.0 speed.
thankyou

Read post #1. If you have trouble, read "Problem Reporting".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back