Contribute
Register

[Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not really a necessity to route USB2 to EHCI. It is a choice. Many newer Apple computers keep everything on XHCI.

Ahh, I did not know this. And USB2 Device on USB3 does not slow down the USB3 device?

Anyway I wil try out your FakePCIID_XHCIMux kext solution. I'm no programmer and Im impressed by your solutions. This is a big enrichment for the szene. Thx I've got to go...

So you don't need to DropOEM for a USB Fixes? I'm Droping OEM and i don't have USB issue but then again I'm using Series 7 so it wouldn't be the same as Series 6 would it? Im also not using FakePCIID_XHCIMux to route USB2 devices on XHC to EHCI. USB 2 and 3 works perfectly fine for me so I'm guessing i don't need it but i have renamed EHCx->EH0x in my DSDT.

So you don't need to DropOEM for a USB Fixes? I'm Droping OEM and i don't have USB issue but then again I'm using Series 7 so it wouldn't be the same as Series 6 would it? Im also not using FakePCIID_XHCIMux to route USB2 devices on XHC to EHCI. USB 2 and 3 works perfectly fine for me so I'm guessing i don't need it but i have renamed EHCx->EH0x in my DSDT.

DropOem has nothing to do with USB. DropOem=true is used when you have patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched. DropOem=false is used when you wish to inject the OEM SSDTs (or drop specific ones with DropTables).

Renaming EHCx is generally needed to avoid picking up a USB port injector intended for one of Apple's products.

So i can just get away with renaming EHCx->EH0x in my DSDT? i did it when front USB ports wouldn't work due to port restrictor ever since doing it i haven't had no issues with USBs all USB 2 and 3 ports working perfect. If i post you my ioreg could you check it and see what you think?

So i can just get away with renaming EHCx->EH0x in my DSDT?

You can do it in config.plist (see post #1).

i did it when front USB ports wouldn't work due to port restrictor ever since doing it i haven't had no issues with USBs all USB 2 and 3 ports working perfect. If i post you my ioreg could you check it and see what you think?

Sounds rather typical for the case your ACPI _UPC is coded correctly.

Ive got a fully patched DSDT reason why is because USB 3 ports wouldn't mount USB 2 devices so I've sorted that via patching the DSDT. another thing I've got a USB 3 hub I have to use a extension cable because the machine is far away at the other end of my desk. My USB 3 hub is going through USB 3 working fine but its only getting seen as a USB 2 hub if i don't use the extension cable it gets seen as a USB 3 hub now i don't get it because the extension cable is USB 3 any ideas? Screenshot shows you what i mean. Ive posted the ioreg.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-02 at 21.57.16.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-02 at 21.57.16.png
    147.1 KB · Views: 110
  • Jack’s iMac.ioreg
    13.3 MB · Views: 131
My USB 3 hub is going through USB 3 working fine but its only getting seen as a USB 2 hub if i don't use the extension cable it gets seen as a USB 3 hub now i don't get it because the extension cable is USB 3 any ideas? Screenshot shows you what i mean. Ive posted the ioreg.

The extension cable is probably bad/too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back