Intel HD 520, 2160 x 1440
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
1. This guide is for laptop with specification as below:
a. CPU: intel i5-3337U
b. RAM: 12GB
c. SSD: 500GB, Samsung 850 EVO + 20GB mSATA
d. Video adapter: intel HD Graphics 4000
e. Wlan+BT: Broadcom BCM94352HMB (wlan ID: 0x14e4: 0x43b1, BT ID: 0x0a5c: 0x21fb)
f. HD WebCam: Suyin Corp, 0x064e: 0xe330 (internal USB2.0 interface)
g. Touchscreen: Resolution 1920x1080, Elan Micro, 0x04f3: 0x0125
h. Audio: Realtek HDA 282 (ID: 0x10ec: 0x0282)
i. Ethernet: Realtek PCIe (ID: 0x10ec: 0x8168)
j. USB port: Two USB 2.0 ports on left and right sites, and one USB 3.0 port at the back site

2. Notes:
a. Reason for update to El Capitan (10.11)
This laptop was tuned to install Mac OS X 10.9 years ago and works very well (See http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...9-installation-guide-acer-v5-572p-6858-a.html). Since it works so well, I didn’t spend time to update to 10.10 (Yosemite).

The reason for this update is:
Touchscreen support
More recent apache2 and PHP version (If you are not a MAMP user, it doesn’t matter for you)
Other features Apple mentioned like screen split etc

b. Expectation from 10.11 after this installation
Did not work: Bluetooth detected and looks work fine, but cannot find devices

Work: Didn’t test thoroughly but I didn’t find anything else not working. Touchscreen does not support multi-touch, but function as mouse and full screen writing (setting in ink), actually pretty useful.

c. If your part(s) are not same as above, don’t use the patches related (see details at the end of this guide)

d. Don’t forget to backup your current system!!!

3. Installation
a. Make installation USB with Clover boot (details in http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html)
Download “Install OS X El Capitan.app” from AppStore

Install clover to USB (>=16GB) with GPT partition
diskutil partitionDisk /dev/disk1 1 GPT HFS+J "install_osx" R
(change disk1 to yours identified by “diskutil list”)

Download clover installer http://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/ and install to the installation USB. Clover will be install to the hidden EFI partition on this installation USB. To access this EFI partition, in terminal
Diskutil list (check your USB location, like disk1, disk2, …)
mkdir /Volumes/X
sudo mount –t msdos /dev/disk1s1 /Volumes/X/ (replace disk1s1 to yours)

The EFI partition will be mounted and show on your desktop. Navigate to it and delete:
/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist
/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/ (delete this folder)
/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ (delete this folder)
/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/ (delete this folder)

Download the attached “Install_EFI.zip” file, unzip and copy all to the /EFI/CLOVER folder to replace those deleted files

b. To install:
Unplug any unnecessary for installation, like external monitor or USB devices

Plug the installation USB into the back site USB 3.0 port.

If you are going to install onto external USB hard drive, you are recommended to use a USB3.0 hub connecting to the back site USB 3.0 port, so you can plug both the USB hard drive and installation USB to the hub. (Installing into internal HDD/SSD will be much faster)

Access your BIOS and make changes same as I mentioned http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...9-installation-guide-acer-v5-572p-6858-a.html to make sure you could boot from USB/EFI. If you have installed Mac OS X 10.9 before, there is nothing to worry about.

Restart computer and hit F12 to select boot from the installation USB. You should have no problem to finish the installation. For me it takes about 15mins

As instructed by the installation procedure, restart computer, boot from installation USB again but select the just installed Mac OS X partition to boot up.

Finish the account setting

4. Post-installation fix
a. Install CLOVER EFI boot to HDD/SSD
I assume you have installed Mac OS X before and know how to do that. If not, please check around or see my previous post (http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...9-installation-guide-acer-v5-572p-6858-a.html)

If you have Clover EFI installed before, rename it like “BOOT.old” and “CLOVER.old”, then copy the BOOT and CLOVER folders from EFI partition of the Installation USB into the HDD/SSD EFI partition

Remove Installation USB and check if you can boot new OS X from HDD/SSD

b. Simple patches for laptop with same hardware specifications.
Download the attached “patches.zip” and unzip

Install all the kexts file in “patches.zip” to /S/L/E with “Kext wizard”. (Don’t forget to select “Backup kexts that will be replaced” so you will keep a native kext copy)

Use “Kext wizard” to repair permissions and rebuild cache.

Replace /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist as attached

Replace /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/SSDT-1.aml and SSDT-2.aml
Delete all files under /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/

Delete all files under /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/

Restart computer and you should be good to go

c. For Laptops that have slightly different hardware, you may want to know which patches to choose as below:

Audio:
Use the attached AppleHDA.kext (patched, same as 10.9. we should patch a new version, but works)

Config.plist patch includes:
(DSDT patches)
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>HPET fix V5-572G bios v2.09</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
X1VJRAAIQlVGMBERCg4=
</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
QlVGMBEXChQiAAEiAQA=
</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>HDEF fix V5-572x bios v2.09</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
X1BSVwCkEgYCCg0=
</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
X1BSVwCkEgYCCgk=
</data>
</dict>
(Devices inject)
<key>Audio</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<string>28</string>
</dict>

Wireless+BT
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext (rehabman)

IOBluetootchFamily.kext /Contents/Plugins/BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext/Contents/Info.plist
<key>0a5c_21fb</key>
<dict>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.apple.iokit.BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport</string>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport</string>
<key>IOProviderClass</key>
<string>IOUSBHostDevice</string>
<key>idProduct</key>
<integer>8699</integer>
<key>idVendor</key>
<integer>2652</integer>
</dict>
(Without this change, Handoff and hot spot won’t be enabled)

config.plist patches includes:
<key>FakeID</key>
<dict>
<key>WIFI</key>
<string>0x43b114E4</string>
</dict>

(kexts and patches)
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>10.11-BCM94352-5GHz-US-FCC-dv</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
QYP8/3QsSA==
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
ZscGVVPrKw==
</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>10.11-BCM94352-Airport-Extreme</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
axAAAHUN
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
axAAAJCQ
</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>10.11-BT4LE-Handoff-Hotspot-lisai9093</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
SIX/dEdIiwc=
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>IOBluetoothFamily</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
Qb4PAAAA60Q=
</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>10.11-BCM94352-Whitelest-0x4331-iMac14,3</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
TWFjLUM2RUZBNjM5NjJGQzZFQTA=
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
TWFjLTI3QURCQjdCNENFRThFNjE=
</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>10.11-BCM94352-Whitelest-0x4353-MacBoolAir5,2</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
TWFjLUM2RUZBNjM5NjJGQzZFQTA=
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
TWFjLTI3QURCQjdCNENFRThFNjE=
</data>
</dict>

IO80211Family.kext (Need to inject Id)
<key>IONameMatch</key>
<array>
<string>pci14e4,43b1</string>
</array>

Keyboard+touchpad+brightness control:
Check previous post. Need VoodooPS2Controller.kext + config.plist patches

Touchscreen + HD Webcam + Bluetooth + USB 2.0 port:
This is the trickiest part. We need to first patch DSDT in config.plist as below:
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>EHC2 [to] EH02</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
RUhDMg==
</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
RUgwMg==
</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>EHC1 [to] EH01</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
RUhDMQ==
</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
RUgwMQ==
</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Windows to Darwin</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
V2luZG93cyAyMDEz
</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
RGFyd2lu
</data>
</dict>

Then we have to use software “IORegistryExplorer” to find out your specific layout. I have made the patch for Acer aspire V5-572p-6858, but I guess it will work for all V5-572x model. Check the attached USBXHCI_V5572x.kext for details

When you use IORegistryExplorer, you need to find out what’s under EH01, EH02 (or EHCI1, EHCI2), and XHCI. If you have same layout as mine show below, you are good to go.

Attachments

• Install_EFI.zip
    736.6 KB · Views: 764
  • patches.zip
    9.6 MB · Views: 682
  • USBLayout.tiff
    403.5 KB · Views: 579
Install 10.11 on Acer Aspire V5-572p Laptop with Clover UEFI

This is great, thanks Mslily !

I can't boot with your final config.plist there might be some difference about my v5-572p-6657, which i'll try to find later.

Also, I'm using the installation config.plist, installed the kexts, but can't get the audio to work, any idea about that ?

Cheers !

Install 10.11 on Acer Aspire V5-572p Laptop with Clover UEFI

This is great, thanks Mslily !

I can't boot with your final config.plist there might be some difference about my v5-572p-6657, which i'll try to find later.

Also, I'm using the installation config.plist, installed the kexts, but can't get the audio to work, any idea about that ?

Cheers !

I am not familiar with v5-572p-6657, would you mind to post your hardware specification like I did? (including part name, vendor Id and product Id). You can find it from windows system. Without that I can't tell what's going on since you might have a different sound hardware.

The final config.plist doesn't work for you, so your usb layout could be different. Since you already installed Mac OS X, you may try to run IORegistryExplorer to find your own information. I might be able to help from there.

PS, just found your screen resolution is 1366x768, I have Full HD. And your wireless adapter is different, so sure the final config.plist won't work for you.

Dear Mslily

What a great guide!!! Worked for me although I do have a V5-572p with a i3 processor. Even sound (with HDMI output!) and touchscreen is functioning. I simply had to add a "28" as audio id to your attached config.plist. All 3 USB ports are working.

Many thanks.

Almost everything works. There is a problem. Under scaled in Display Preferences, it lists two other resolutions in addition to the native 1920x1080: 1600x900 and 1344x756. If I choose any of them my screen becomes garbled and I have to connect another monitor. Is it the same on your setup? Do anyone know a way to remove these two resolutions?

c. For Laptops that have slightly different hardware, you may want to know which patches to choose as below:

Touchscreen + HD Webcam + Bluetooth + USB 2.0 port:
This is the trickiest part. We need to first patch DSDT in config.plist as below:
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>EHC2 [to] EH02</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
RUhDMg==
</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
RUgwMg==
</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>EHC1 [to] EH01</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
RUhDMQ==
</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
RUgwMQ==
</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Windows to Darwin</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
V2luZG93cyAyMDEz
</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
RGFyd2lu
</data>
</dict>

Then we have to use software “IORegistryExplorer” to find out your specific layout. I have made the patch for Acer aspire V5-572p-6858, but I guess it will work for all V5-572x model. Check the attached USBXHCI_V5572x.kext for details

When you use IORegistryExplorer, you need to find out what’s under EH01, EH02 (or EHCI1, EHCI2), and XHCI. If you have same layout as mine show below, you are good to go.

Mslily,
I don't understand your explanation how to make touch screen work. Is there a patch? Looking in IORegistryExplorer I don't see my touch screen entity listed. Even I touch the screen the pointer doesn't jump to the top left corner of the screen like it was in Maverick. Btw, I installed Sierra on top of Maverick since El Capitan is no longer available from the App store. Suggestion please. Thank you.

Mslily,
I don't understand your explanation how to make touch screen work. Is there a patch? Looking in IORegistryExplorer I don't see my touch screen entity listed. Even I touch the screen the pointer doesn't jump to the top left corner of the screen like it was in Maverick. Btw, I installed Sierra on top of Maverick since El Capitan is no longer available from the App store. Suggestion please. Thank you.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back