Contribute
Register

Guess what? ATI 5850/5870 OS X!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heyyo,

I've been asking people on macrumors and insanelymac how I can do an IORegistryExporter dump as a .txt file or whatever that would help Netkas add support for my ATi Mobility 5650 but no one has told me how.. I got XCode installed and all that.. whenever I save it saves as .ioreg and so can someone here give me guidance on how to get the dump file Netkas needs? I'm unfamiliar with the way the Mac registry works.

ThE_MarD said:
Heyyo,

I've been asking people on macrumors and insanelymac how I can do an IORegistryExporter dump as a .txt file or whatever that would help Netkas add support for my ATi Mobility 5650 but no one has told me how.. I got XCode installed and all that.. whenever I save it saves as .ioreg and so can someone here give me guidance on how to get the dump file Netkas needs? I'm unfamiliar with the way the Mac registry works.
The .ioreg file is the dump in XML format.

If he can't use that, then you have to do it from Terminal.

Well I've got my 5850 working perfect. I just used the drivers on netkas's site, installed them using Kext Helper, and turned off GraphicsEnabler. I was pretty amazed that it worked so great, worked on the first try.

rdurty2 said:
Well I've got my 5850 working perfect. I just used the drivers on netkas's site, installed them using Kext Helper, and turned off GraphicsEnabler. I was pretty amazed that it worked so great, worked on the first try.

how did you make it???

Have you been able to get hdmi out alone? With a 5850
Because. Ican only get it when my other screen is plugged through dvi via a dvi-vga dongle. In this case, it's thé résolution or thé screen That get output through hdmi, so i don't have1080p. Thé screen doesn't display anything too.

When thé screen is plugged alone, it works perfectly.

Have you been able to use hdmi for a tv out also?

Thank you

rdurty2 said:

MacMan and I are putting those new drivers into the next MultiBeast for simple installation, with some added dev. ids. :)

tonymacx86 said:
MacMan and I are putting those new drivers into the next MultiBeast for simple installation, with some added dev. ids. :)

I am looking forward to it Tony.
I actually have a "Sapphire ATI HD5770 Vapor-X OC Ed 1G" handy (in my Windows machine) that I can be a guinea pig for (i.e. Multibeast).

Just got my 5850 working , detailed config :
Core i5 750
Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3 ( BIOS ver. F6 )
XFX HD5850 ( Built-by-ATI )
Corsair Dominator 1600 C8 2X2GB
Snow Leopard 10.6.4 fresh install
place the kexts from netkas's blog in S/L/E
repair permission using kext utility
reboot and everything goes perfect except no QE/CI

anyway, really appreciate netkas :clap: D

remark : seems QE/CI are working ( tested by launching World of Warcraft )

and sorry for my poor English :banghead:

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-07-18 at 7.57.17 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-07-18 at 7.57.17 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 571
Has anyone been able to get their 5XXX cards running in 64-bit mode yet?

Bansaku said:
Has anyone been able to get their 5XXX cards running in 64-bit mode yet?

Since the ATY_init is 32bit only, that's probably not happening yet. Although I have not tested one of these cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back