Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Ultra
CPU
I7 9700K
Graphics
RTX 2080 Ti
Does anyone here use GTX 980Ti / 4K TV / 60Hz - HDMI 2.0 ?

It tried so many times but with no success. After i install the nVidia web driver, i reboot the computer, i type my OS X password, and when the OS X should load, i have only a black screen.

Is that because of the HDMI connection ?

I don't really know how to make this work, my 4k TV has only HDMI.

Thanks, any advices are welcome.

not making sense. if you only get a black screen then on what you're typing in the OS password?

Everything is working, so far.
After i type the password, and the OS should appear ....

No ideas, guys ?

Everything is working, so far.
After i type the password, and the OS should appear ....

It would if Apple supported HDMI 2, but as yet there is no Apple product that does. I would try to use the pixel clock patch - it does not work for most people though. After that you may want to get a Displayport 1.2 adaptor and give that a go - again not always successful.

Apple has no support for HDMI 2.0 ?!

Apple have long supported DisplayPort and Thunderbolt technologies. Lets hope that that the latest model Mac machines due out over the next few months give users the ability to connect new devices to HDMI 2 equipped TV and audio visual products.

Thank you, Adrian B.
I didn't know about that. So, i have no chance, with the " monitor " ( TV 4k ) i use it ?!

Thank you, Adrian B.
I didn't know about that. So, i have no chance, with the " monitor " ( TV 4k ) i use it ?!

You will certainly have difficulty at this point in time. Apple have long invested heavily in DisplayPort tech, while HDMI keeps changing and evolving through new versions, even the 4th gen Apple TV only supports HDMI 1.4 (1920x1080P). If I was expecting HDMI 2 support then I would expect one possible option for it to be enabled via DisplayPort 1.2 with an adaptor. It would be nice to see HDMI 2 on the latest Mac mini as standard and that would greatly help the hacking community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back