CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RTX 3080 FE
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So after days of fighting with my system I've got El Capitan about 90% working. Was wondering if someone could clarify my graphics issues. I had to originally boot with flags "dart=0 nv_disable=1". I have since installed nvidia web driver 346.03.03f02 and I can now boot my system with just dart=0 and no longer need nv_disable.

My problem is there is no change to how the screen performs, its kind of like a really slow refresh rate with thick white scan lines running from the bottom upwards on my screen when it traditions from log in to desktop and when browsing the web page adverts such as the ones on here flicker really rapidly. I used multibeast for my post install as clover just would not work at all but I did not enable inject nvidia, is this something that I should enable to get a smoother screen rendering, when I did have it enabled when first trying to post install with clover it gave me issues and i kept having to revert to nv disable.

Just wondering what peoples opinions are before I try it as I would like to not have to spend a few more days debugging or starting from scratch :p

So after days of fighting with my system I've got El Capitan about 90% working. Was wondering if someone could clarify my graphics issues. I had to originally boot with flags "dart=0 nv_disable=1". I have since installed nvidia web driver 346.03.03f02 and I can now boot my system with just dart=0 and no longer need nv_disable.

My problem is there is no change to how the screen performs, its kind of like a really slow refresh rate with thick white scan lines running from the bottom upwards on my screen when it traditions from log in to desktop and when browsing the web page adverts such as the ones on here flicker really rapidly. I used multibeast for my post install as clover just would not work at all but I did not enable inject nvidia, is this something that I should enable to get a smoother screen rendering, when I did have it enabled when first trying to post install with clover it gave me issues and i kept having to revert to nv disable.

Just wondering what peoples opinions are before I try it as I would like to not have to spend a few more days debugging or starting from scratch :p

You don't need that app but you do need to boot with nvda_drv=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back