Contribute
Register

GTX960 HDMI 2.0 - 4K TV - 30hz only - how to get 60hz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my lg 4k tv supports 4k at 60hz over hdmi 2.0. I have tried just about every work around for months. According to apple most 4k displays are now supported. That being said i have driven display port to hdmi, fail!, hdmi, dvi, wonky adapters and all i get is 30hz. I don't even get the text scaling option.

When I'm running windows 8.1 i get 60hz no problem and it looks absolutely stunning!!!!!!!!!!

If anybody knows I'm listening!!!!!!!

Mac 3.1
Intel i74770
Samsung M.2 250g
z97x-g7
16gig 1866
msi gtx 970

I'm in the same boat. GTX 980 with HDMI 2.0 connected to the latest Samsung HDMI 2.0 4k 40". Windows 10 runs beautifully, looks gorgeous in full UHD 60p. I just can't figure out how to get Yosemite to go that resolution.

Hopefully El Capitan has HDMI 2.0 support OR Nvidia updates their drivers to support that resolution.

I was thinking about trying el capital.

I was thinking about trying el capital.

You won't get very far until Nvidia releases a driver for the 10.11 beta. I wouldn't expect native support for Maxwell cards.

i figured as much. The dream of 4k 60hz continues.

i figured as much. The dream of 4k 60hz continues.

We are just too bleeding edge, I guess :(

I'm considering returning my 40" samsung 4k AND my new EVGA 980 and waiting for the R390 + new samsung UE850 or UE590 4k monitors so I can utilize DisplayPort. I just wanted to stay ahead of the curve tho.

It's just so frustrating to see Win 10 run perfectly fine and super crisp at 3840x2160x60p 4:4:4 and OS X not :(

i sprung for a 28" AOC 4K monitor, problem solved.
but i do long for 4k 60z on a 40" screen

soon i hope

I have the same exact problem as the OP. I just recently bought a Sony 43" 4k TV (XBR43X830C) for a pretty good price since I work at Best Buy and get employee discounts. It provides 4 HDMI ports (seriously would it kill you guys to include a displayport) and have only been able to get 4k running at 30hz on my hackintosh. Works great on windows at the full 60hz, so its definately a driver problem. I've scoured all over the internet to find a fix but apparently no one has found one yet.

Since theres no fix yet and I absolutley dread using Windows (yuck), I've decided that I'll just write the drivers myself. I'm about maybe 25% done but its not easy (alot of math involved), I've only managed to get it running stable at 50hz but theres timing issues where the screen will cycle every 3-4 minutes (really annoying), so I'll have to read up more on the HDMI spec (if anyone is a graphics driver/EE expert please feel free to chime in). I'll try and finish up the drivers when I can but work has been keeping me busy :(

Free drinks if you can figure this one out. Good Luck!!!!!

:headbang:

I have the same exact problem as the OP. I just recently bought a Sony 43" 4k TV (XBR43X830C) for a pretty good price since I work at Best Buy and get employee discounts. It provides 4 HDMI ports (seriously would it kill you guys to include a displayport) and have only been able to get 4k running at 30hz on my hackintosh. Works great on windows at the full 60hz, so its definately a driver problem. I've scoured all over the internet to find a fix but apparently no one has found one yet.

Since theres no fix yet and I absolutley dread using Windows (yuck), I've decided that I'll just write the drivers myself. I'm about maybe 25% done but its not easy (alot of math involved), I've only managed to get it running stable at 50hz but theres timing issues where the screen will cycle every 3-4 minutes (really annoying), so I'll have to read up more on the HDMI spec (if anyone is a graphics driver/EE expert please feel free to chime in). I'll try and finish up the drivers when I can but work has been keeping me busy :(

Hey, writing your own drivers is one hell of a step.

I salute you for that. :thumbup:

I am willing to help.

I know nothing about writing drivers, but I would love to help you out in other ways.

Let me know if you need anyone to beta test. I'm on a GTX 980 connected via HDMI 2.0 to a Samsung 40" 4K HDMI2.0 TV and can only get 30hz as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back