Contribute
Register

GTX960 HDMI 2.0 - 4K TV - 30hz only - how to get 60hz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds bad. Any other options we have?

Last one looks like "i'm tired and going mad", but its not bad idea, lol.
So, for me there is 5th option - buy NAS and set up plex server on it.

Hi, i have the same issue with my gtx 1060. 50" 4K TV, Sierra and Win10 dualboot. Win10 works great with hdmi 2.0 but sierra dont.

i tested the club 3D adapter and two other DP1.2 to HDMI 2.0 adapters from amazon.

All three adapters work in win10 perfect. in Sierra all 3 adapters are working perfect, but only 4K 30Hz. 4K and 50 59 or 60Hz is impossible to choose.

All 3 adapters use the same chip and all 3 adapters work with win10! But when i open the nvidia settings in windows 10, then i can see, that these three adapters have the same issue:

My GTX 1060 has 3 DP and 1 HDMI connections. As i plug in one of this adapters, then my pc says, that my GTX 1060 has 2 DP and 2 HDMI !!! connections. Because of that i think is it impossible to run sierra with 4K60Hz. Because it is impossible to run it with HDMI 2.0 and with this adapter i geta new HDMI 2.0 . My Displayport is no displayport as i plug in this adapter

No idea what's NvidiaGraphicsFixup (I defiantly don't have that installed), HDMI just started working without it with 60Hz after the recent Nvidia update. (If you'll go through my history, I've been struggling with that problem a lot)

One annoyance though, after sleep my screen will not wake up with a "HDMI NO SIGNAL" error and I'll have to restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back