MSI GTX 770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hi
i would like to know how i can make my msi gtx770 2gb dvi outputs work ? i have an gigabyte x-99 with 6 core haswell with mavericks install can somebody help me out pls I'm getting only cdmi working I'm desperate :(

hi
i would like to know how i can make my msi gtx770 2gb dvi outputs work ? i have an gigabyte x-99 with 6 core haswell with mavericks install can somebody help me out pls I'm getting only cdmi working I'm desperate :(

Sure your 770 should work with DVI, are you using a straight through cable to a DVI monitor. What connections are you using?

hi thx for your reply yes I'm using a straight cable dvi-d cable tried both ports but monitors goes black but when i use cdmi it works fine anything i need to install i tried nvidia drivers but no luck

hi thx for your reply yes I'm using a straight cable dvi-d cable tried both ports but monitors goes black but when i use cdmi it works fine anything i need to install i tried nvidia drivers but no luck

I'm not sure why your DVI connectors are not working, I assume that cdmi means HDMI, if HDMi is the only one configured to your display then the other ports are not supported. This means that the native framebuffer is not working with your other ports i.e the DVI ports. You have 4 ports on your 770, is the 4th a Display port?

I'm not sure why your DVI connectors are not working, I assume that cdmi means HDMI, if HDMi is the only one configured to your display then the other ports are not supported. This means that the native framebuffer is not working with your other ports i.e the DVI ports. You have 4 ports on your 770, is the 4th a Display port?

now i left it connected to dvi it worked but when i browse the safari it opens very slow like frame after frame do i need a special driver for it ? I'm booting with these flags GraphicsEnabler=No , npci=0x2000, -x

now i left it connected to dvi it worked but when i browse the safari it opens very slow like frame after frame do i need a special driver for it ? I'm booting with these flags GraphicsEnabler=No , npci=0x2000, -x

This will be because you are booting in safe mode (-x). It doesn't have any graphics acceleration. What happens when you leave out -x and use -v

ok so i managed to install yosemite i even installed nvidia latest update for yosemite on hdmi i get all the extra setting and crystal clear display but on dvi now is working but its not sharp the letters you can't read them any ideas of how to fix this pls?

regards
tony

ok so i managed to install yosemite i even installed nvidia latest update for yosemite on hdmi i get all the extra setting and crystal clear display but on dvi now is working but its not sharp the letters you can't read them any ideas of how to fix this pls?

regards
tony

This is maybe something you have to fiddle with either in your monitor settings or your in system preferences>displays. Check your sharpness setting on your monitor. You might want to bring it down.

ok now when i connect one monitor with hdmi and the other with dvi-d and enable the mirroring both screens come crystal sharp clear but when i remove mirroring the dvi-d connected monitor goes back to letters not sharp its really hassiling me this and strange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back