i7-8770K (Stock Speeds)
16GB 2133 MHz DDR4 RAM
Nvidia GTX 770

macOS 10.13.2 Supplemental Update with Nvidia web driver 378.10.10.10.25.104
Multibeast Settings:
mHT41ZF

Custom Config.plist changes:
- I enabled PluginType=Yes in Clover Configurator for native PM

I've been using the same GPU on El Capitan with no issues whatsoever.
Now playing two youtube videos at the same time is already too much, the entire UI begins to lag terribly, not just the browser.

Everything else is working perfectly, PM, sleep/wake..
What can I do? I tried removing Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext but it makes no difference.

My specs:
GA-Z370X-AORUS UG
i7-8770K (Stock Speeds)
16GB 2133 MHz DDR4 RAM
Nvidia GTX 770

macOS 10.13.2 Supplemental Update with Nvidia web driver 378.10.10.10.25.104
Multibeast Settings:
mHT41ZF

Custom Config.plist changes:
- I enabled PluginType=Yes in Clover Configurator for native PM

I've been using the same GPU on El Capitan with no issues whatsoever.
Now playing two youtube videos at the same time is already too much, the entire UI begins to lag terribly, not just the browser.

Everything else is working perfectly, PM, sleep/wake..
What can I do? I tried removing Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext but it makes no difference.

Did you try without web drivers ?

I Tried on my system and all is working fine with 2 youtube videos (as you can see in my signature I am running it on a Core2duo so an old computer). I have no Nvidia drivers, no kext like nvidiagraphicsfixup... And I am using SMBIOS 14,2.

What is your screen resolution?
Maybe it has something to do with SMBIOS 18,3 which I'm forced to use due to Coffee Lake.
My UI performance seems to have improved after updating to 10.13.3 and using web driver .106 instead of .104.
I have yet to see if the stuttering reoccurs though.

What is your screen resolution?
Maybe it has something to do with SMBIOS 18,3 which I'm forced to use due to Coffee Lake.
My UI performance seems to have improved after updating to 10.13.3 and using web driver .106 instead of .104.
I have yet to see if the stuttering reoccurs though.

1920x1080 60Hz via hdmi

I'm right there with you. I've got a Nvidia 670 and 770 that I've had for a long time through a couple of mobo+cpu+ram+storage upgrades for years. I have the 770 in a CoffeeLake build right now and the UI performance is terrible...

Playing youtube videos? stutter, drop frames etc.
Have an Electron app like Slack open? Drag it in a circle watch a 2fps animated gif of despair.

Resolution is important as I have a 4k monitor that I used to run 1 level down from native. It is 100% unusable at that 'retina' resolution. All the behavior I'm describing is at the panel's native resolution.

Probably not important, but originally I was running it as a KVM guest with pass through video and it was exactly the same. I stopped being a KVM guest because pass through virtualization, e.g. docker for Mac, was possible but much MUCH slower than when booting bare metal.

I'd buy a new AMD card (as they appear to be the new 'it just works' OEM) if there wasn't a 200% this-card-is-good-for-mining tax on them right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back