Contribute
Register

GTX680 works in OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
I call bull.

GTX 680 does not work in Lion, yet. Anyone that claims it does is talking crap.
I have exhausted every option across 3 different builds and configurations, GTX 680 will not work.

it works, the problem is either you're doing it wrong and not following proper instructions, or your card just happens to not be supported by the current pre-release drivers.

but you're right, officially it doesn't work in Lion yet, so you should wait for 10.7.5 or ML coming out next month.

nakquada said:
I call bull.

GTX 680 does not work in Lion, yet. Anyone that claims it does is talking crap.
I have exhausted every option across 3 different builds and configurations, GTX 680 will not work.

or at least not as often or as compatible as with the 670's. I'd also say just wait for ML.…

Will the gtx 690 ever be supported for hackintosh? or otherwise will
the gtx680 be supported in SLI?

hard to say if ever, but so far SLI has never been supported in OSX. only 1 card will work and multi-GPU cards might be even harder to get working.

EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB - Works (up to dual monitor)

Screen%20Shot%202012-07-05%20at%205.06.25%20AM.png

GTX 670 GK104 on a GTX 680 reference design. Using Netkas’ package, Chimera 1.10, GE=No.

Asus P8P67M-PRO 3K UEFI + DSDT.

Have another build on Asus Rampage IV Extreme (X79) but unable to get it to boot past verbose/grey logo, will try it out with various DSDTs another day.

Also, I can only get any combination of 2 screens to work, regardless of connector. But plug a third/fourth screen in and the card will only output to two.

Re: EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB - Works (up to dual monitor)

ndoo said:
Have another build on Asus Rampage IV Extreme (X79) but unable to get it to boot past verbose/grey logo, will try it out with various DSDTs another day.

i've got a x79 sabertooth MB and a MSI GTX680, i've followed instructions perfectly yet have not been able to boot.
Has anyone with a x79 MB and a GTX6xx been able to figure things out?

Re: EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB - Works (up to dual monitor)

hydromedusa said:
ndoo said:

i've got a x79 sabertooth MB and a MSI GTX680, i've followed instructions perfectly yet have not been able to boot.
Has anyone with a x79 MB and a GTX6xx been able to figure things out?

I have a X79_UD5 with GTX680MSI and I have not had any luck

For the GTX 680 to work properly you need 10.7.5 or 10.8.0, trying to make it work now is a lesson in futility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back