Contribute
Register

GTX680 works in OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just installed my Asus GTX 670 and it works like a charm, recognised as Nvidia GK104 2048MB. I also connected an external TV via the HDMI and works OK too, however I cannot get it to output sound through the card's HDMI. Anyone knows if this is possible? Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

bon_gr said:
I just installed my Asus GTX 670 and it works like a charm, recognised as Nvidia GK104 2048MB. I also connected an external TV via the HDMI and works OK too, however I cannot get it to output sound through the card's HDMI. Anyone knows if this is possible? Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.
Ask it in the HDMI Audio section. Every card with HDMI needs custom edits to get HDMI audio working.

bon_gr said:

Any chance of posting a screenshot of a Cinebench or Heaven benchmark? I'm dying to know if the ASUS brand cards will work fully. :)

dDub said:
finally had success with a Gigabyte GTX 680 OC edition.

Hi, Really interested to see OpenCL support for the GTX680. Are you able to post benches for it with LuxMark2.0

Here are the screenshots.... Hopefully with Mountain Lion the full potential of the card will be utilized...

Cat Slobber said:
[quote="bon_gr":1nl92fez]I just installed my Asus GTX 670 and it works like a charm, recognised as Nvidia GK104 2048MB. I also connected an external TV via the HDMI and works OK too, however I cannot get it to output sound through the card's HDMI. Anyone knows if this is possible? Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Any chance of posting a screenshot of a Cinebench or Heaven benchmark? I'm dying to know if the ASUS brand cards will work fully. :)[/quote:1nl92fez]

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-06-25 at 6.01.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-06-25 at 6.01.55 PM.png
    197.8 KB · Views: 242
  • Screen Shot 2012-06-25 at 6.03.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-06-25 at 6.03.46 PM.png
    200.3 KB · Views: 242
Cinebench is not a real benchmark, it's not using any sort of real video game engine and will not stress out any somewhat recent card in any way.

Cinebench is however OK at comparing CPU and multithreaded performance.

I just can't get my 680 to work :(

I have tried reinstalls, clean installs, etc
I installed 10.7.4, upgraded to 10.7.5, no dice
Tried 10.7.4 + netkas pack or MBP files, no dice.

I get a panic on boot, and if I use verbose mode what I see is that it hangs at either 'Waiting for DSMOS' or 'DSMOS' has arrived.

I never get to the desktop.

NVDAGK100HAL loaded and registered.

The only thing I can do is go into windows, go to drive and delete NVDAResman.kext, reboot and try something else.

Anyone got any ideas? Everything I have tried leads to same result.
System is about as vanilla as I can get with just NullCPU and FakeSMC.

Asus Sabertooth Z77 + i7 3770k
16GB RAM
Corsair SSD for windows and Intel SSD for OS X
Gigabyte GTX 680

heh, had my last post removed because it somehow violated term 11 by mentioning unreleased/dev builds. still see ppl mentioning 10.7.5 without violating terms but... *shrug*

anywhen, didnt mean to break terms and not sure exactly what i said did it -- so all i can say is that if you can't get a 680 card to work in 10.7.4 by any method of installing 10.7.4 and the new graphics drivers, don't give up hope. nothing worked no matter what i tried and i was gettig KP's with whatever i method i did.

I have it working great now but just can't mention how i did. probably not too hard to figure out how i did it if you think about it. sorry i can't. be specific :(

If anyone discusses using 10.7.5 there posts are deleted too.

Speculation on 10.7.5 working is very different and OK.

dDub said:
heh, had my last post removed because it somehow violated term 11 by mentioning unreleased/dev builds. still see ppl mentioning 10.7.5 without violating terms but... *shrug*

anywhen, didnt mean to break terms and not sure exactly what i said did it -- so all i can say is that if you can't get a 680 card to work in 10.7.4 by any method of installing 10.7.4 and the new graphics drivers, don't give up hope. nothing worked no matter what i tried and i was gettig KP's with whatever i method i did.

I have it working great now but just can't mention how i did. probably not too hard to figure out how i did it if you think about it. sorry i can't. be specific :(

Now you have to tell us! Theres a lot of people stuck with borked systems due to their Kepler 6xx not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back