Contribute
Register

GTX670 = Doesn't work, no displays, help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lion 10.7.5
CPU
i7 3930k
Graphics
GTX 570, GTX 240
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm currently using a GTX570 for Adobe CS6. I wanted to upgrade to a GTX670. I installed all of the recent drivers, CUDA and did the OpenCL patch suggested to make the GTX670 run. (I'm on Lion 10.7.5)

When I install the card and booted, I make it past the Apple loading screen and all screens go black (as if the computer displays go to sleep). There is no login screen. I even tried ScreenSharing from my MacBook. No connection. I replace the card with my GTX570 and all is well. GRR!

Are there instructions on how to properly install a 600 series card on a Hackintosh? I tried doing Graphics Enabler=No, but that crashed my machine royally. I've also read that a certain KEXT file has to be hacked to get the 600 series to work.

Thoughts?

When I boot with "-v" the last thing is NVClockX: Warning It seems your card is officially supported in FakeSMCnVclockPart yet ... continuing anyway. Then it goes into sleepmode while locked up.

I'm having the same problem, but I switched from a Radeon 6850 to a GTX 670. Not sure how to get it back to normal and I can't seem to find anything helpful online. Hopefully someone can help us out.

I tried the 10.7.4 MBP2012 graphic drivers under an article that was called "Getting 670 to work with Lion" and now my computer won't boot ... at all. It's stuck at Overclocking under NVclockX or something. I have no idea how to get back into my computer... I'm starting to think Hackintosh isn't a good idea anymore. I may abandon Hackintosh and just go straight Windows and be done with "Guessing" what settings will work. Ugh!

I tried the 10.7.4 MBP2012 graphic drivers under an article that was called "Getting 670 to work with Lion" and now my computer won't boot ... at all. It's stuck at Overclocking under NVclockX or something. I have no idea how to get back into my computer... I'm starting to think Hackintosh isn't a good idea anymore. I may abandon Hackintosh and just go straight Windows and be done with "Guessing" what settings will work. Ugh!
Sorry for all your troubles. Dumb question, but did you remember GraphicsEnabler=No

Yes, that's what I always enable (no) and when I reboot ... CRASH. The system just hangs and hangs and hangs. I still cannot get it to boot. No Safe Mode, nothing. I have no idea what to do at this point. Cept buy MacDrive and convert everything to PC.

How many displays do you have connected and on which ports?
If your card has 2x DVI and one is unused try switching one of the displays to it.

I also have a 670 and at boot it uses DVI no. 1 as a primary, but right after install on login it switched to the 2nd port (1st was disabled). You can set your primary screen later somewhere in the display preferences (i'm running 3 displays and had to switch it so the main is the center one but I forgot where that setting is).

I actually have two Nvidia cards, one GTX210 for a spare monitor or two and my original GTX570 with two monitors connected to it. When I connect my 670, the login screen never comes up; it just goes to sleep (both the 210 and the 670).

It actually doesn't matter now, I installed a MBP2012 drivers and it complete screwed my settings. After messing with it for 6 hours, I did a reformat and reinstall of 10.7.0 (that is my only option as I haven't purchased ML yet).

Now I'm stuck in a boot loop and when I try to install more items on Multibeast, the Apple logo hangs. I royally messed up my system. I'm really concerned on how to get back up and running. It's been two days and too much time with reinstalling-settings-breaking-reinstalling-wash-rinse-spin. I'm not sure what the hell I did LOL but I'm stuck with no computer. I did post another topic explaining what happened and what I did.

Is ML easier to install on a Hackintosh than Lion? Maybe I should just upgrade.

Interesting. I just purchased it now. Hopefully this will fix everything and ... "work." Thanks for your suggestions! I felt like Lion was a stack of cards just waiting to be blown over with a sneeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back