Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
X570
CPU
3700X
Graphics
Vega 56
Hi!

I have a Gainward GTX580 Phantom 3 in my Hackintosh. Even with Full-Speed of all chassis fans, this card has a minimum temperature of 50°C. This makes the fans on the card spin faster while all the other fans are very silent. With windows, the temperature is just about 40°C in Idle. Lion is installed, everything else is working fine with my Systemdefinition iMac12,2.

I tried the well known tutorial http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=266036 with the power-saving presets, but when I edit the AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext, repair permissions and restart, this kext is not active anymore.

My System:
Gigabyte P67A-UD5-B3
Intel 2600K
16 GB DDR3
Gainward GTX580 3GB
Intel 510 SSD

Is there any help for my noisy problem?

Hi, I know your pain, the hottest x80 series is the 480 and I have one :) So to explain this I'll just list points/facts

1. AGPM is can be loaded but not used! (as in shows as resident in memory but does nothing) common reason is your device id doesnt match.
2. AGPM is not active with macpro3,1 profile even if you create a nice valid ioPersonality in there.
3. I currently use macpro4,1 / 5,1 so that I have AGPM active and doing something.
4. the only way to see if it's really working is to enable log-control = 1 in the iop table. That way it prints to kernel log.
5. If you rely on stepping using a K chip that requires an SSDT then this is problematic to get working unless on macPro3,1 thus making AGPM redundant.

I'm gonna be working on getting AGPM and K stepping in macpro3,1 or 4,1.

Although it's no likely it is possible to KP your machine with "very" bad info in agpm or cause it to ramp to highest state instantly due to edits. Use SR Tools to replace AGPM that way you can undo if your not moving in the correct direction (currently I have 12 entries in my SR Tools history relating to AGPM edits) SR Tools = viewtopic.php?f=7&t=59265

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back