Contribute
Register

GTX580 and GTX640 simultaneously in Mountain Lion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ProArt Z490-Creator
CPU
i9-10900
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thread title describes what i'm thinking of doing, just wondering if anyone knows if this is possible as searching didn't turn up anything for me??
I currently have a 550ti and 580 which worked fine in Lion but the 550ti seems to cause problems in ML so i'm thinking of replacing it with the 640. But i see the 6xx kepler series needs GE=NO whereas i have it set to yes for my 580/550ti to work and i wonder if this will cause issues?

Thanks for any help! :)

I know this doesn't answer your question down to the hardware specifics, but I tried a GTX 480 (current card) and a GTX 210 (purchase to attempt 3 monitors in Snow Leopard and/or Mountain Lion).

Neither worked.

Worked perfectly in Windows 7, so at least I knew it was specifically OSX that was the roadblock.

Not sure about your specific GPUs, but that was my experience.

EDIT: I'll be going to a 680 as soon as I get the money.

Thanks for the info.. i'm gonna try going down to just the 580 and see how it performs for a while. Otherwise i may go to a 680 as well.

How do you like your MSI card? I'm thinking of getting the 680 MSI twin frozr. Any pros or cons of that series?

It's okay, i had a 2nd hand EVGA 580 (SC) prior and before it started to have issues (i returned it) it got slightly better benchmarks than the MSI. I probably would have gone EVGA except it was impossible to get one here new and the MSI was one of 2 580's (any brand) that i could source in the country after calling local stores for 2 weeks. I couldn't find an international site with stock that would ship to here either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back