560gtx
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi All,

I've searched entire forum but was unable to find any information how to handle integrated HD3000 and GTX560M on my laptop.
Recently I'v made Laptop (Toshiba-Qosmio-x770) work almost perfectly, but noticed that constantly the laptop is hotter, like the GTX 560M is on and working, also the battery life is around 1h.
I dont have the option to disable gtx560m from the bios and didn't found info whether I can make it work together with HD3000 or just to disable GTX560M?
HD 3000 is working flawlessly but doesn't support open CL, so the best is to make GTX560M work whenever required :) :) :)
In sysinfo I have 2 devices in Graphics/Displays
1. Intel HD Graphics 3000 - Display 1600x900@32
2. NVIDIA Chip Model (Device ID: 0x1251 / Vendor ID: NVIDIA (0x10de)) - No Display

Best,

Hi All,

I've searched entire forum but was unable to find any information how to handle integrated HD3000 and GTX560M on my laptop.
Recently I'v made Laptop (Toshiba-Qosmio-x770) work almost perfectly, but noticed that constantly the laptop is hotter, like the GTX 560M is on and working, also the battery life is around 1h.
I dont have the option to disable gtx560m from the bios and didn't found info whether I can make it work together with HD3000 or just to disable GTX560M?
HD 3000 is working flawlessly but doesn't support open CL, so the best is to make GTX560M work whenever required :) :) :)
In sysinfo I have 2 devices in Graphics/Displays
1. Intel HD Graphics 3000 - Display 1600x900@32
2. NVIDIA Chip Model (Device ID: 0x1251 / Vendor ID: NVIDIA (0x10de)) - No Display

Best,

Discrete graphics are not supported in a switched configuration such as Optimus. Best you can do is disable the nvidia via DSDT/SSDT edits.

Hi RehabMan,

I have tried several methods to disable optimus on mac but was unable to make success :banghead:. The device Nvidia chip is still present and heating around. Can you point me some guide that you know actually work?

Best Regards,

Hi,

Thanks in advance. Probably you'll see a lot of mistakes :) Please post if you see some discrepancies.

Kindest Regards :)

Hi,

Now should be OK. Dunno what happened but power management was set during install.... However, should I remove VoodooTSCSync.kext from SLE?

I'm attaching the IOReg without NullCPU. Sorry to taking so much of your time.

Best,

Attachments

• Dido’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    2.9 MB · Views: 140
Hi,

Now should be OK. Dunno what happened but power management was set during install.... However, should I remove VoodooTSCSync.kext from SLE?

Best,

VoodooTSCSync is not needed and interferes with correct power management. Definitely remove it.

Hi,
hi my friend i have the same Laptop Toshiba/ Qosmio-x770
But i cant find drives and i cant fix graphic cards
Can you help me please ??
Hi,

Best,

hi my friend i have the same Laptop Toshiba/ Qosmio-x770
But i cant find drives and i cant fix graphic cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back