EVGA GTX 580 Hydro Copper
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everybody,

I successfully got 10.6.8 up and running on my Hackintosh about a month ago and have been happily using it. It did take two goes, though - I'm not sure what happened the first time.

I have some questions about moving to Lion:

1) Last time I had to install drivers from NVidia for the Quadro range before rebooting. Is this still the case?

2) My MultiBeast setup is as follows: EasyBeast, System Utilities and Chimera. If I install Lion, will this still work? I know that Lion is meant to be 64-bit only so will 32-bit EasyBeast still work?

3) Can I install VoodooHDA using Kext Utility in the same way as I used to?

Thanks

hcetech

Bump
I too, would also like to know about this.
GTX480 support in Lion?

Yes, I have been using Daul 480GTX for a while now. There is no issue in Lion as far as I know. Also, Cuda support is pretty descent

Nice!!!
Well in that case I am very happy to have purchased the MSI GTX480 Lightning. I can't wait to see how fast I can OC it and dual boot into Win7 for gaming, as well as have the full support in Lion for it too.

viztang said:
Yes, I have been using Daul 480GTX for a while now. There is no issue in Lion as far as I know. Also, Cuda support is pretty descent
Just to have my bases covered when the new card arrives, which tweaks *(if any?) did you have to go with in order to get Lion to work with your GTX480?

And did you have to swap out a separate video card during the install process at all?

I am not going to be going with SLI for the time being either, if that's important.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back