Graphics
GTX 980Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Anyone got any idea whats the difference between the two cards, because they have the same VRAM so well what is it. I men there is power consumption as well. I've look through some frame rate stuff and there is only a 10 fps difference in Battlefield 4.

Side question: whats the difference between reference cards and cards modded by companies. I think the reference cards look much cooler.

Also please move this thread if it's in the wrong place

Anyone got any idea whats the difference between the two cards, because they have the same VRAM so well what is it. I mean there is power consumption as well. I've look through some frame rate stuff and there is only a 10 fps difference in Battlefield 4.

If you don't plan on gaming in 4K or running more than 3 monitors then just save the money and
get a 970. It's got way more graphics power than you'll ever use. Even a 960 would suffice for
1080P gaming and cut your cost by over $100.

Side question: whats the difference between reference cards and cards modded by companies. I think the reference cards look much cooler.
The reference cards exhaust air out the back of the case and usually don't cool as well in a
gaming rig. The specialized coolers are what most gamers buy and even then they often either
modify or replace them. Certain coolers are also much quieter than the reference ones.

There is a very large 32+ page thread here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-advice/141637-gtx-970-gtx-980-here-32.html where you can read all about the 970 and 980.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back