Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Master
CPU
i7-10700F
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hi I've built a hackintosh (see my specs below). I'm having an issue with my graphics card (GTX 980 ti) or at least I think it's my graphics card. When I'm looking at a bright video it looks perfectly crisp but if the video has shadows or large dark areas the image becomes pixelated. Is there anything I can do to solve this?

Specs:
Intel 6700K
32Gb Ram
GTX 980 ti
Samsung 4k monitor

What resolution and bit rate is the video? Compressed video often has artifacts during dark scenes when the bit rate is too low.

by any chance, are they fuzzy lines? I get those when viewing any gradient image or dark bg on overlays like the volume overlay when increasing with keyboard shortcut. I had to change my output from DP to HDMI to have clear blacks.

What resolution and bit rate is the video? Compressed video often has artifacts during dark scenes when the bit rate is too low.

It's mostly noticeable when watching Netflix. I suppose it could be compression on their end but when viewed on my roommates 60" flat screen it looks perfectly crisp and has no artifacts. I'm wondering if something in my graphics driver settings needs to be adjusted?

by any chance, are they fuzzy lines? I get those when viewing any gradient image or dark bg on overlays like the volume overlay when increasing with keyboard shortcut. I had to change my output from DP to HDMI to have clear blacks.

It's more like pixelated blocks than fuzzy lines. I might try the hdmi connection. I'm currently using DP. It seems to me though that it would be more of a graphics card issue than a connection issue but I could be totally wrong on that.

It's more like pixelated blocks than fuzzy lines. I might try the hdmi connection. I'm currently using DP. It seems to me though that it would be more of a graphics card issue than a connection issue but I could be totally wrong on that.
also check if your monitor has a a dp version switch within the menu? try different and see while using a dp connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back