Contribute
Register

GTX 980 TI - Mac OS Sierra 11.12.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like you already added the patch fine.

Sorry, I forgot you are on a Z97 system and not Z170... You won't have HD 530. You would have HD 4600. There should be a section in your BIOS to disable the integrated graphics.

No, it should not affect Windows if you have this disabled.

Also, you need to uncheck "Inject Nvidia" in Clover Configurator.
Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 3.35.35 AM.png

* You can also edit the post with your config.plist and delete the attachment.

I am using 14,2 and updated to 10.12.3 from the app store, and all I had to do is update the Nvidia drivers from the Nvidia app, and all is well for me. Did you try searching for an update from the Nvidia app?

I am using 14,2 and updated to 10.12.3 from the app store, and all I had to do is update the Nvidia drivers from the Nvidia app, and all is well for me. Did you try searching for an update from the Nvidia app?

Thanks, trying once more.

Edit: Where can I get this Nvidia app? Google just redirects me to web driver downloads, not an app program itself.

Edit 2: I'm guessing you're referring to the system update program in the toolbar.

Also, you need to uncheck "Inject Nvidia" in Clover Configurator.
View attachment 232630

I actually had this off. Trying once more, after that. I hope it's not a lost cause.

Whoa. It finally worked. Now I don't have sound. Will post a working guide in a bit for those that have come across this thread by search.

Follow this guide if you CANNOT get Sierra to work with a black screen from a clean install. I almost gave up, but I got it working.

Shoutout to bobbyhackmac, pastrychef for your helpful support. Here is how I got my whole Sierra build working for 10.12.3 which is the latest version at the writing of this post: 1/26/17.

1. I had given up entirely and had a working El Capitan build so I reformatted my USB, downloaded El Capitan from the Apple Store (Borrowed an old friends account > to view previous downloads > el capitan). I couldn't download El Capitan from Sierra because the version was too new.

Followed this guide here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...d-intel-based-pc.172672/page-121#post-1424749

2. Had El Capitan with Audio working and everything. You'll need to get that fixed before you proceed.
My system specs are as follow:

Motherboard: Z97 Sabertooth Mark 2 - On their website, they use an ALC1150 for audio drive so that was an easy option to put on audio, for network, they use AppleIntelE100e v3.2.4.2, ApplelGB v5.2.9.4
Video Card: GTX 980 TI, which can be found for El capitan in this thread here:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...cs-drivers-for-os-x-10-11-6-346-03-15.198033/

I checked my El Capitan version and downloaded the corresponding video driver for my graphics card.
All went smooth, I had a fully functional Hackintosh.

3. I stumbled upon this thread:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/direct-update-to-macos-sierra-using-clover.201465/

Follow the exact instructions, when the system rebooted I was with a laggy powerpoint display and Mac advised me that my drivers were out of date,

I simply followed PastryChef's advice, updated via the Nvidia Control Panel, restart & boom. Viola. Display was magically working, no more black screen.

4. I had no audio in my new install, but it was an easy fix, I downloaded the latest Multitool for Sierra here:
(Check downloads)

https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/multibeast-sierra-9-0-1.329/

I already knew I had the ALC1150 audio driver, so I just selected that, completely shutdown my PC (Since there is a bug from rebooting from Windows and straight into Mac OS that causes no sound), and had working audio.

Thanks!

Next step, get iMessage working.

Last edited:
Way to stick with it! I've only been at this for a little over 2 weeks. Started with Lion under the false assumption that the kinks had all been worked out. Purely as an experiment. Had terrible results for over 10 days - couldn't get acceleration going for the life of me. And with a gtx 460 se, there's no mercy in ML lol. Anyway, I was on my last bit of patience and decided to go with Sierra, figured what the heck, if this doesn't work, i'm back to windows. Holy cow! In a few hours I got way past previous achievements in ML. So I can relate, hope the rest of it turns out better than everything up to this point.

Glad it's working for you now. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back