Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[Solved] GTX 980 G1 support

Hey guys,

First of all I want to start off by saying I had a lot of problems with Yosemite. I barely managed to get it working installing it on a laptop before moving it to my desktop. A friend did all the work.

Here's the problem, my dedicated gpu doesn't work (GTX 980). There's no native resolution, being 1440p. It's barely a 1080p on my onboard intel HD4600 (i7 4770k).

I've tried installing the latest nvidia driver 340.01.01 specified by Tony, but all i get is QE/QC, no accelaration.

Solved

Have you tried adding nvda_drv=1 to Kernel Flags?
Ok so here is what I did despite all the things written on the Nvidia Releases thread:
  • I booted with nv_disable=1 connected to my gtx 980
  • Installed NVIDIA 340.01.01f3
  • Restart, went in bios and changed PCIe configuration from Auto to Gen 3, and turned off IGFX
  • Booted into nvda_drv=1 and my screen went into Power safe mode
  • Booted again with -x and selected Web Driver in Nvidia panel.
  • Booted again with -v and voila!

It works now, but only one display, as soon as I plug in the other one and reboot the displays go into Power safe mode. Any idea why?

Some are having issues running dual displays. My work around (at least for a 290x) is to start it up with one screen and then sleep the computer, plugging in the other screen and then wake the computer up.

Some are having issues running dual displays. My work around (at least for a 290x) is to start it up with one screen and then sleep the computer, plugging in the other screen and then wake the computer up.
I tried that but it doesn't work. Thought for a second sleep doesn't work. Gave me a heart attack :D

So this wont work at all with gtx 970?

Here you go bud, don't ask.

Screen Shot 2014-12-01 at 11.24.39.png

Ok sorry I have to ask this just in case :p but when you plugged it in and woke it up did you try turning your screen off and then on?
What like as in, turn it off > sleep > plug it in > wake > turn it on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back