CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 980
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I don't know what to call this exactly but I have been having this problem with Xcode, but recently with the update to 10.12.3 the icon(as shown in the screenshot below) glitch has made it to safari. I have tried everything I can to bring it back to the state it was and failed. Is there any way to fix this?

Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 6.57.29 AM.png

I experienced this same issue when I upgraded from 10.12.3. to 10.12.4. In my case, the culprits were the Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext.

I was using them for the purpose of fixing the black screen issue when using iMac17,1 system definition. After removing the two kexts, I used the ADGPfix v1.3 patcher to fix the black screen issue instead.

I am having the same issue as OWashe after upgrading to 10.12.4. So I followed the hint of pastrychef but didn't find either of the kexts mentioned (looked in /System/Library/Extensions + /Library/Extensions + /EFI/CLOVER/kexts). Is anybody else experiencing this problem with graphic glitches in Safari and could provide ideas about possible solutions?
This is driving me sort of nuts right now :problem:

The two kexts I mentioned should be in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/. If you did not see them in there, you probably never had them installed.

The two kexts I mentioned should be in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/. If you did not see them in there, you probably never had them installed.
Nope, double-checked. So those 2 kexts are not the reason in my case. What else could I be looking for?

By the way: instead of having a GTX 980 mine is a 970.

I don't know what else could cause it. GTX 970 or GTX 980 should make no difference. They both use the same drivers.

I am *thinking* out loud here.

Was there not a snowy icon or image bug that was resolved by changing the wallpaper? I recall it looking like integrated graphics were enabled that used to show up with a similar glitch.

I am *thinking* out loud here.

Was there not a snowy icon or image bug that was resolved by changing the wallpaper? I recall it looking like integrated graphics were enabled that used to show up with a similar glitch.

Yes, if the background of the login screen was snowy changing the wallpaper fixes that.

For me I have both of those KEXT and my IGP enabled and have no issues and have never had the snowy issue with either the wallpaper or icons.

That's great to know. Thanks for the info about changing wallpaper. I'll reinstall the two kext for the next macOS update. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back