Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z97N-WIFI
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX970
Hello! I've installed Yosemite 10.10.1 without any problem using the unibeast/multibeast method, i just can't get to use my GTX 970 (Gigabyte mini itx model). I can install webdrivers, no issue, my card it's recognized in osx (i can see that, when booting with integrated graphics).
I think the problem is i'm connecting the graphic card with HDMI to HDMI cable, during the boot i can see the apple logo, and then i get a no signal message from my monitor/TV.
I haven't a cable to test the other ports, anyone got a solution? Or maybe i have to wait for an updated driver?
I'm thinking to buy a compatible cable, but it seem that other people have issues also using different type of connections.

Thanks!

I have the Evga gtx 980, and I had to use the dvi port, and it works just fine. I haven't tried the display ports, but I do know if you boot windows then the hdmi port works, at least in my experience.

Hello! I've installed Yosemite 10.10.1 without any problem using the unibeast/multibeast method, i just can't get to use my GTX 970 (Gigabyte mini itx model). I can install webdrivers, no issue, my card it's recognized in osx (i can see that, when booting with integrated graphics).
I think the problem is i'm connecting the graphic card with HDMI to HDMI cable, during the boot i can see the apple logo, and then i get a no signal message from my monitor/TV.
I haven't a cable to test the other ports, anyone got a solution? Or maybe i have to wait for an updated driver?
I'm thinking to buy a compatible cable, but it seem that other people have issues also using different type of connections.

Thanks!

I have the Evga gtx 980, and I had to use the dvi port, and it works just fine. I haven't tried the display ports, but I do know if you boot windows then the hdmi port works, at least in my experience.

Hi! Thank you, yes in windows it's working. Maybe i can try with a dvi to hdmi cable?

^ I have the same Gigabyte Mini-ITX graphics card and can confirm that the HDMI port is not functioning with Yosemite 10.10.1 with Web Driver 343.01.02f03.

I will test with a DVI-HDMI adapter soon, but ultimately would love to get audio to work as well - so HDMI remains the eventual goal.

Other than that, this has proven to be a GREAT card!

^ I have the same Gigabyte Mini-ITX graphics card and can confirm that the HDMI port is not functioning with Yosemite 10.10.1 with Web Driver 343.01.02f03.

I will test with a DVI-HDMI adapter soon, but ultimately would love to get audio to work as well - so HDMI remains the eventual goal.

Other than that, this has proven to be a GREAT card!

Thank you for reporting the issue! Hope this can be resolved soon, i'll be testing a DVI-HDMI adapter soon also!
I'll let you know!

Yes it's a GREAT card!!! Enjoy your GTX 970 :D

Nvidia (Fermi/Kepler/Maxwell) DVI2HDMI adapter supports HDMI audio.

Nvidia (Fermi/Kepler/Maxwell) DVI2HDMI adapter supports HDMI audio.

Toleda, any plans to dig in to Maxwell HDMI issues? (no video, no audio)

I can confirm that my GTX970 is working HDMI-2-HDMI with my LG 31MU97 including sound
without configuring something special.
All resolutions I tested FullHD to 4096x2160@30Hz worked without any issue.

So I would say it is not OS X, not the NVIDIA driver and not the GX970.

OS X starts always with full resolution (in my case 4096x2160), some HDMI cables are not able to transport this full resolution.

I can confirm that my GTX970 is working HDMI-2-HDMI with my LG 31MU97 including sound
without configuring something special.
All resolutions I tested FullHD to 4096x2160@30Hz worked without any issue.

So I would say it is not OS X, not the NVIDIA driver and not the GX970.

OS X starts always with full resolution (in my case 4096x2160), some HDMI cables are not able to transport this full resolution.

Maybe related to gpu bios or tv/monitor? Mine is Gigabyte mini-itx version, connected HDMI-HDMI to sharp le650

Hmm, I saw this NVIDIA/OSX HDMI not working all over the places here with TVs connect, mine is not a TV it's a "normal" LCD display.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back