Contribute
Register

GTX 970 / GTX 980 are here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything working great on my Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 :)

I'm absolutely loving what I see in this thread! Looks like I can bypass the 780ti card I was initially going to get and save some serious cash... then I realized I could get two 970's and still be out the door for less than the 780ti...

Curious if anyone has heard anything about running two of these in SLI with success? Off to do some more information hunting but I figured this would be a great place to ask.

And thanks for everyones posts here, helped me out so much already!

I'm absolutely loving what I see in this thread! Looks like I can bypass the 780ti card I was initially going to get and save some serious cash... then I realized I could get two 970's and still be out the door for less than the 780ti...

Curious if anyone has heard anything about running two of these in SLI with success? Off to do some more information hunting but I figured this would be a great place to ask.

And thanks for everyones posts here, helped me out so much already!

970 and 980 both SLI and overclock like champs. The 980 is the only one that will do better than the 780ti, though.

970 and 980 both SLI and overclock like champs. The 980 is the only one that will do better than the 780ti, though.

Depends. my overclocked g1 gaming 970 outperforms any 780ti in gaming benchmarks. Similar results were found on youtube benchmark reviews. Stock 970 is similar to 780ti in terms of performance.

This is great news about the 980.... could anyone confirm for me: does GTX 980 (no matter who the manufacturer. .. GB, ASUS, ZOTAC, EVGA, etc) support HDMI 2.0? I want/need card that offers 4K@60Hz over HDMI.

Depends. my overclocked g1 gaming 970 outperforms any 780ti in gaming benchmarks. Similar results were found on youtube benchmark reviews. Stock 970 is similar to 780ti in terms of performance.

If you've overclocked it yourself then yeah, your overclocked card will likely beat a non-overclocked card. But not a 780ti with an aftermarket overclock. You'd need a 980 for that.

Unless you're doing some voodoo with liquid nitrogen. :p

Running very nice with very nice Luxmark Score!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-10-19 17.13.23.png
    Screenshot 2014-10-19 17.13.23.png
    42.3 KB · Views: 222
Hi, I am interested in buying a gtx 970 recently upgrade to Yosemite, I have a motherboard Ga-Z68X-UD4-b3 no hdmi or dvi, I use the ports of gtx770, I have a question, with the card 970 I will be able to perform any installation from 0, using the ports on the same card as I currently do with my 770?. Thank you

By the way. Final Cut works out of the box and very nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back