1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have tried just about everything to get a 4k signal in OS X
I can't get past 1080P

I7 4770
MSI GTX 970 4GB

any ideas?

Do you have the new Nvidia web driver? Do you have your GPU enabled?

yes i have the web drivers and the card comes up when i about this mac. How do I enable the gpu?

What connection are you using the hook up the GPU + monitor?

hdmi 2.0 which works fine when I'm using my pc, tried dvi to hdmi and the 4k res shoed up but looked like crap. and tried display port to hdmi.

any help would be appreciated. I saw the plist stuff but I'm not sure i underatand that. The card shows up in my about mac.

thanks guys.

Thanks brother, well all give this a run.

hdmi 2.0 which works fine when I'm using my pc, tried dvi to hdmi and the 4k res shoed up but looked like crap. and tried display port to hdmi.

any help would be appreciated. I saw the plist stuff but I'm not sure i underatand that. The card shows up in my about mac.

thanks guys.

I'm running a very similar setup. i have a 4k LG TV that works fine at high res using a MacBook Pro with GeForce (albeit at 30hz since HDMI isn't 2.0), but using HDMI port on the GTX 970 only gives me 1080p. i have heard this is either too new a card, or yosemite update broke support. Unfortunately, i only started using this setup after 10.10.2 came out. Any other help would be greatly appreciated.

DJM:>

I've got the same problem. I have;

Asus P9x79 WS
16 gb RAM
i7 4820k 3.7ghz
GTX 970
GTX 740 (neither of which run on apple drivers, yay!)

I run a 4k off of the 970. I've had the same problem with 10.10.2. I can get into the OS using my old mac pro, but no matter what I try, I can't get full 4k support. Luckily for me I can just restore, but I don't want to get stuck out of date. ANY suggestions would be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back