Asus Hero X Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
2x RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
hello,

i just got my 960 and everything is workin fine however i cannot get 2 displays to work. My main display has DVI, HDMI, VGA and Displayport but i cannot get my second display which has only VGA to work.

I tried every possible combination but i can only get the main display to work. I used to have this working without problems when i was still on Mavericks with my 560 TI, having both displays connected on the two DVI ports of the 560, the VGA display connected with an original Apple DVI to VGA adapter but on Yosemite with the 960 the second (VGA) monitor stays black. I even tried connecting the second (VGA) display to the onboard VGA connector of my motherboard (Asus p8z68-V Pro/Gen3 with patched BIOS) but again no luck. Tried both DVI ports of the 960 with 6 different DVI/VGA adapters but again no luck. Tried connecting the main display via HDMI and Displayport and use only one of the DVI connectors of the card with the adapter but again no luck.

i have a dual boot and on Windows any combination works without problems with both displays.

What am i missing ??? How can i get both displays to work ? Is ther a way to get the built-in VGA port of the motherboard to work alongside the 960 ?

I'm on Yosemite 10.10.3 with the lates NVIDIA web drivers.

hello,

i just got my 960 and everything is workin fine however i cannot get 2 displays to work. My main display has DVI, HDMI, VGA and Displayport but i cannot get my second display which has only VGA to work.

I tried every possible combination but i can only get the main display to work. I used to have this working without problems when i was still on Mavericks with my 560 TI, having both displays connected on the two DVI ports of the 560, the VGA display connected with an original Apple DVI to VGA adapter but on Yosemite with the 960 the second (VGA) monitor stays black. I even tried connecting the second (VGA) display to the onboard VGA connector of my motherboard (Asus p8z68-V Pro/Gen3 with patched BIOS) but again no luck. Tried both DVI ports of the 960 with 6 different DVI/VGA adapters but again no luck. Tried connecting the main display via HDMI and Displayport and use only one of the DVI connectors of the card with the adapter but again no luck.

i have a dual boot and on Windows any combination works without problems with both displays.

What am i missing ??? How can i get both displays to work ? Is ther a way to get the built-in VGA port of the motherboard to work alongside the 960 ?

I'm on Yosemite 10.10.3 with the lates NVIDIA web drivers.

Apple no longer use VGA so there is no support for it in the operating system.

Apple no longer use VGA so there is no support for it in the operating system.

To be fair, I was using VGA from 10.8.2 all the way to 10.10.2 and it worked just fine. I replaced that monitor with a better one though, so can't verify that it works anymore.

It worked on my GTX 670 via DVI-I to VGA, as well as my GT 610 with VGA. And on the GTX 670 I also had 3 other monitors working fine (VGA, DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort).

ouch ... really ??? :eek: :crazy:

don't get why this has to be supported by the operating system, i would have thought that the signal is handled by the graphics card, in my case the GTX 960 or the Intel HD Graphics 3000 .. is there really no workaround ?

To be fair, I was using VGA from 10.8.2 all the way to 10.10.2 and it worked just fine. I replaced that monitor with a better one though, so can't verify that it works anymore.

It worked on my GTX 670 via DVI-I to VGA, as well as my GT 610 with VGA. And on the GTX 670 I also had 3 other monitors working fine (VGA, DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort).

It is quite true that VGA does indeed work in many cases - The point is that there is no support for it in the operating system.

ouch ... really ??? :eek: :crazy:

don't get why this has to be supported by the operating system, i would have thought that the signal is handled by the graphics card, in my case the GTX 960 or the Intel HD Graphics 3000 .. is there really no workaround ?

Some users have reported success with a DVI to VGA convertor or cable.

YMMV

what's your source for this ? when was this support dropped ? can't find anything official about this it seems ...

VGA support was dropped in 10.8.2 and later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back