Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm working on a new build/fresh install and finally got my OS and GPU up and running. I initially had a GTX 950 SC+ and I got all of the drivers and boot flags and nvram and stuff setup and working wonderfully.

Unfortunately when I reinstalled my hdd drive bays, I just realized that my GPU is too long and won't fit in my case with my drives (I have 6 drives since this is a Plex server). So I removed the GTX 950 SC+ and listed it up on eBay. I then ordered a GTX 950 SC, which is significantly shorter than the SC+. New card I think should arrive by tomorrow or on Saturday.

So my question is, while waiting for my new card, can I use my old GTX 460 since all of the NVidia setup is already done? Or will this not work since my pc would be expecting a more powerful card (the 950)? Should I just wait for the new 950 to arrive?

I'd like to be able to get in there today to work on reinstalling my apps. But if using the 460 in the meantime would just cause problems, I'll probably just wait for the shorter 950 to arrive.

Thanks

The 460 will work but you will need to turn on Nvidia Injection. When you install the 950 you will need to turn it off. That should be the only difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back