Graphics
GTX 780 ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've just reinstalled a clean fresh yosemite 10.10.1 and after using the wrong config.plist I noticed my system was booting into yosemite without the nv_disable=1, but with rootless=0. So i switched my custom config.plist to boot with rootless=0 and now I have what seems to be native support for the gtx 780ti. Can anyone confirm this?

I've just reinstalled a clean fresh yosemite 10.10.1 and after using the wrong config.plist I noticed my system was booting into yosemite without the nv_disable=1, but with rootless=0. So i switched my custom config.plist to boot with rootless=0 and now I have what seems to be native support for the gtx 780ti. Can anyone confirm this?

rootless=0 does absolutely nothing in 10.10.x. It was also removed from 10.11 DP2 so it is not used anymore.

So would the gtx 780ti boot now without anything regarding any boot arguments?

You have to have the web drivers installed so you will need to have the boot-arg nvda_drv=1. It might be saved in NVRAM which is why the card seems to work without boot-args in your plist.

which brand of 780ti are you using? my evga 780ti does not even work with web driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back