Motherboard
X299 Asus Prime Deluxe II
CPU
i9-9940X
Graphics
Radeon Vii
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey I finally Got my x99 Ud4 system running pretty decent with Unibeast method. The usual issues everyone seems to be having (No sleep, no power management, not optimized for ddr4, no iMessage) all things considered it runs well. I've never built a hack with Clover but it seems interesting so I dove in and got it running real smooth. The only issue I see is that I can't figure out why the fans on my 780 ti run 100% about 1min after the system starts. Doesn't make any sense. Im using the newest web drivers and my os is updated to 10.10.2 booting with nvda_drv=1 so I know its loading the nvidia drivers. Its fine under chimera with the same drivers. If someone knows whats up or have fixed that issue Id be more than happy!

Same problem here, Asus Z87X Dual Deluxe and 10.10.2 Yosemite with GTX 780 and nvidia drivers.
I'm really considering dumping clover and switch back to chameleon. It's a shame because clover is a more elegant and powerfull way to hack the OS.
After a few months using it I have to admit that it lacks support from other users (dedicated forums) and feedback/support to/from the developers.
In fact every interesting problem I have been facing has stood without answer, a lot like this post actually.
PM!

Every post like this has a dead end. I want to figure it out haha. I swapped AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext from my chimera boot to the cover boot but nothing has changed. I know its not the Web driver because it works perfect in chimera/chameleon. And I actually get a higher Geekbench score with clover so I know something is "more optimized" there is just some weird info/kext triggering the GPU fans to run full 100%

So I made some progress. I installed the kexts from this except LPCSensors.kext http://hwsensors.com/public/HWSensors.TEST.zip and now my GPU doesn't go full 100% fans. And I can actually see the tempature which is awesome. But now the fans run at 19 rpm. and the idle temp is like 41 degrees which seems kind of high. Also under heavy load using Heaven the temps hit 62 degrees and watching the fans stay at 19 rpm is not good. Im also not sure if I'm getting the right reading. touching the gpu heat pipes with my hand seem like its super hot! This is my next issue haha. Seems stable though. No crashing. And I read this card can go into the 90 degree range. (not recommended ) haha

Any more progress on this? Same issue here.

So far no. My job is video / graphic work and I'm in the middle of projects. Im using the system the way it is. I moved a fan to blow air into the graphics card to help with temps. They aren't super dangerous levels but much higher than windows. Idle 41 degrees - underload 65-75 degrees. There was a new Nvidia driver web driver that just came out ( 343.02.02f02 ). I haven't installed it yet. Not sure if it would fix the issue. I think it comes down to FakeSMC

EDIT: SOLVED unchecking "Inject nVidia" and adding bootflag "NVidia=False" :headbang:

------

Hi, I have a problem with my Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti with Yosemite 10.10.3 and clover bootloader. I don't know why but I can't display correctly using the HDMI output on the GTX 780 Ti, but using the DVI output all is ok.

I installed the latest version of nVidia Web Driver (without web driver there is the same problem), tried a lot of clover bootflags and tried to install Yosemite with and without the card plugged in, every time the same problem.

With HDMI cable i can't boot into OSX (apple logo, loading and then no signal detected), i can only boot using nv_disable=1 but I have a lot of problems (slow speed, transparency problems, low resolution end so on).

I have a GA-Z87X-UD3H and i7 4770, but I think that doesn't matter with my problem.

Could someone help me please? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back