Contribute
Register

GTX 780 crashes Premiere Pro CC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had similar problems with gtx 770 in imovie and final cut. I uninstalled the web drivers and am running on the official nvidia ones instead. No more crashes.

Don't know if I'm losing any functionality of the card by doing so, but I'd rather have a stable system and be able to edit video without kernel panics while nvidia sorts their driver issues.

@theroamer

I don't have an optical drive so I can't open DVD player anyway. I tried GE=Yes in my plist and put the 780 back in, however, now I can't get past the apple logo on boot. What did you have to do to get your system going? What were the "other issues"?

Update - Changed PCIRootUID from 0 to 1 and I got past the apple logo, but still the 780 crashed premiere. I even tried putting both cards in and that seemed to work okay, but still no performance boost. Finally I resolved to leave the 780 out until I can figure this thing out. Performance is just as good as CS6 was with the GTX 780 and CUDA enabled so I doubt I have even seen what this card is capable of...

Hey ppl,

I just built another hackie using UP5 and GTX 780, works fantastic for everything except for Premiere Pro. It crashes upon opening. I thought there was something wrong with my install so I reinstalled from scratch and it still crashes. Decided to try using my GTX 680 from other hackie in UP5 build, and Premiere Pro CC works! Anybody else experiencing this?

Ah brother thank god im not the only one going insane! (or rather not going insane!) Exactly the same issue here - UP5, GT780, everything works a dream (installation etc worked without a hitch) EXCEPT premiere CC. I had CS6 working before but now even that seems to be playing up (going to try installation again as apparently people have it working with the 780)

Frustrating as hell though, Got a 4K Red job i built this damn machine for and i end up finding the GPU is so damn new and powerful its not even supported!! :cry:

I'm having the same problem with a GTX Titan. I have a Asus Maximus V Extreme motherboard. All CC apps launch except Premiere.

The reason Premiere Pro CC crashes with the 780 and Titan in Mountain Lion is because Mountain Lion doesn't support OpenCL on those cards. They use the GK110 chipset and it's not fully supported. Even 10.8.5 doesn't. However, proper support for those cards with OpenCL (I think v1.2) is in Mavericks. I have it working great on my Hack.

I had similar problems with gtx 770 in imovie and final cut. I uninstalled the web drivers and am running on the official nvidia ones instead. No more crashes.

Don't know if I'm losing any functionality of the card by doing so, but I'd rather have a stable system and be able to edit video without kernel panics while nvidia sorts their driver issues.

I see your problem there, you're using Imovie and final cut.

Same problem with Premiere CC (I have GTX 780 and Zx87X-UD5H). Everything Adobe CC start without problem, but with no Premiere CC. Any news?

I might be able to answer that in a day or so depending how my schedule is for tomorrow. I got same setup as you do and I am in the same situation.Im downloading Mavericks from App store now and hopefully be able to answer you tomorrow.

peace

I might be able to answer that in a day or so depending how my schedule is for tomorrow. I got same setup as you do and I am in the same situation.Im downloading Mavericks from App store now and hopefully be able to answer you tomorrow.

peace

Hello Saigon8n8, I have the same problem with Premiere CC, my GPU and ML. Did you fix the problem with Maverick? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back