Graphics
GTX 980 SLI custom water loop
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone. really thankful for this awesome community that guided me to build my first computer as a hackintosh after getting frustrated from an ageing macbook pro. I chose all the hardware listed in the buyers guide, and chose GTX 780 as my graphic card. I am currently on 10.8.4. my question is, since we already have ways to enable opencl in windows ( thats what i know of so far), will that retain itself in mac? is it an OS related thing or somehow the attributes of the card is stored in some way within it? i am being very foolish by posting this cos all my common sense says, if u overclock a GPU in windows or do some enabling things (opencl) it will stay valid only in that OS environment where it was done in first place. So basically, we can say the hackintosh on 10.8.4 can neither enable opencl or have me overclock the GPU.

thanks so much.

my specs: i7 3770K, Z77x UD5H, 16Gb Crucial ballistix sports CL 9 1600Mhz, msi GTX 780, PSU seasonic 650W 80+ GOLD, SSD OCZ vertex 4, dell 2713HM for monitor and so on. i am running mountain lion all fine with everything working. i just have this small gripe cos i cant seem to enable opencl for graphic acceleration in photoshop cs6. please dont yell at me with the AMD and opencl, cos i think we all can agree how awesome GTX 780 is when it comes to sheer gaming at 1440p. i just wish i can use it to full potential. thanks good ppl :)

hey sorry for being off topic but could you please guide me on how to enable the gtx 780 in 10.8.4? i currently use the intel graphics in my i5 3570k and when i try using the 780 the boot loading screen just keeps spinning. i only use GraphicsEnabler=NO and also tried with =YES and -f. If you could tell me exactly what you did apart from the 10.8.4 that would be great. thank you

hey sorry for being off topic but could you please guide me on how to enable the gtx 780 in 10.8.4? i currently use the intel graphics in my i5 3570k and when i try using the 780 the boot loading screen just keeps spinning. i only use GraphicsEnabler=NO and also tried with =YES and -f. If you could tell me exactly what you did apart from the 10.8.4 that would be great. thank you

Did you search the forum?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/99678-gtx-780-works.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back