CPU
i3-3225
Graphics
GTX 760
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Ever since I put my GTX 760 in I haven't been able to boot. Can't use IGP since I have a DVI dual link only monitor. I've tried Clover since I want to switch to that, but it hasn't been any help.

Help would be appreciated.

I have the Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WiFi which is an almost identical board and I had bought a GTX 760 as well, I had to install ML 10.8.3 without the graphics card installed (used onboard video- HDMI) everything works fine, I can boot into the OS, everything almost works....BUT as soon as I install the GTX 760 (and the related Nvidia selection in Multibeast) and reboot, the grey apple logo appears, it processes then when it should display the login UI, it goes black. I tried plugging in the HDMI back into the onboard video card. I've tried using a DVI instead, to both onboard video and the GTX 760 but it just goes black. I remove the GTX 760 and plug the HDMI back into the onboard and it works just fine. Such a bummer, I'm sending back my Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WiFi and have bought the GA-Z77X-UD5H in place of it, as well as exchange my case (Bitfenix Prodigy) for a Fractal Design Tower...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back