Gigabyte X99P-SLI
CPU
i7 6800K
Graphics
Asus Radeon RX 580 8GB
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi

Today I decided to install macOS Sierra on second partition, and I can't get it to work because of my graphics card - Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 2GB. System is booting as it should, then my display is going to sleep and I can't do anything. I'v tried on PB 1 with and without Nvidia Web Driver, the same issue on Public beta 2.

Only way to boot system is "nv_disable=1" flag. (to see anything on the screen)

El Capitan is working great on this system, so something is wrong with nvidia graphics support in macOS Sierra.

Any ideas?
Please help.

May I ask how come are you using nvidia drivers with the 760? It's native OS X has drivers for the card.

May I ask how come are you using nvidia drivers with the 760? It's native OS X has drivers for the card.
Yes, you may ask. :lol:

When I initially installed the Sierra beta, there were color and image "tearing" problems. So, I loaded the Nvidia Sierra beta web drivers, and the graphics problems went away.

Yes, you may ask. :lol:

When I initially installed the Sierra beta, there were color and image "tearing" problems. So, I loaded the Nvidia Sierra beta web drivers, and the graphics problems went away.

Strange. Which 760 do you have? I've not long installed the first public beta seems to be fine for me. Thing I have noticed tho is the frames. They're horrible.

Yes, I use this driver.
At the Clover boot screen, does the Boot Args ("Gear" icon) show nvda_drv=1 as one of the arguments?

Strange. Which 760 do you have? I've not long installed the first public beta seems to be fine for me. Thing I have noticed tho is the frames. They're horrible.
See the link to MyHero build description in my signature block.

At the Clover boot screen, does the Boot Args ("Gear" icon) show nvda_drv=1 as one of the arguments?

See the link to MyHero build description in my signature block.

Your using the same one as me :thumbup: as its beta Apple will most likely fix it well I hope anyway :)

I do some investigation, tried use DVI-D instead of Display Port - The same issue display went to sleep.

As far as I can tell system is booted up correctly because I can hear a sound from speaker when I hit key on the keyboard, something is wrong with input configuration. But I can't fix it.

I do some investigation, tried use DVI-D instead of Display Port - The same issue display went to sleep.

As far as I can tell system is booted up correctly because I can hear a sound from speaker when I hit key on the keyboard, something is wrong with input configuration. But I can't fix it.

Do you have inject nvidia in config.plist by any chance? If so set it to false not true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back