Contribute
Register

GTX 750Ti Display Issue on El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am also having the same problem but with ASUS GTX 670.
Have you managed to get it fixed?

I used the nvda_drv=1 flag to get the card to work with the VGA connection, but not DVI. It can use either the native drivers or the NVIDIA drivers. However now the Ethernet stopped working.

I also need to figure out how to add the flag to the boot arg so I don't have go manually enter it when the system boots. I guess you do that with the Clover Configuator. I'm just a bit confused about which config file to load and where to save it.

I really appreciate the information on this site. I built a great system for less than $1000 . A comparable Mac Pro would have less adaptability (such as the front panel card reader) and cost around $4000 or more.

First mount your EFI partition. Often when Clover Configurator runs, it will ask you whether you want it to do so. You can click mount EFI partition, and then on the next screen mount EFI partition, and make sure the little indicator light on the bottom left turns green. Then use File/Open to select EFI/CLOVER/config.plist on that EFI partition that it just mounted.

Then make your changes.

Then File/Save.

FYI, if you boot with nvda_drv=1 then so long a you've installed the Web drivers, it will use the Nvidia drivers no matter whether you've selected "Nvidia" or "OS X" in the control panel. Normally that's what you want, as the Nvidia drivers are typically better.

When you select "Nvidia" in the control panel, it's supposed to write a setting (I think to nvram) causing that boot flag to be used automatically, but it doesn't seem to work on all machines. I'm not sure why. Putting the flag in yourself is the safe way.

Success at last. My video card is working well, but only with VGA. I was able to use the Color Munki to calibrate the monitor, which is a good sign. I had issues when I restored using the Migration Assistant because it messed up my EFI partition, but after a couple of trials, I managed to transfer over my software and it is functional. The system is super quick and a substantial upgrade from what I had before. Very exciting. . . .

I had choppy graphics and my system report was displaying NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 0mb for my graphics card. I can confirm nvda_drv=1 working on El Capitan 10.11.1 (15B42)using NVIDIA web driver 346.03.03f01. Had some issues I couldn't use Inject NVIDIA checkbox in clover. Graphics now reads NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2047 MB and I am not getting choppy graphics.

do not inject Nvidia, simply enable nvda_drv=1 after intalling the Nvidia web drivers.

Similar problems with a EVGA GTX 750 Ti. I originally installed El Capitan on my system with a GTS 250 card and as long as I booted with the installation USB drive, everything but USB 3 worked perfectly. My monitor died so I decided to get a 4k monitor and needed a more powerful card to run it. After installation I had the usual problems, no hardware acceleration, choppy video, etc. I tried all the suggestions in this thread; Booting with nv_disable=1, installing the web drivers, then re-booting after enabling nada_drv=1 and making sure that injection is not on. I still do not have hardware acceleration and have all the same problems. Also, the System Profiler shows the proper card but with no memory. In a strange twist, as I was installing the drivers I updated Clover in the working drive and was finally able to boot it without using the install drive. However, now the graphics appear to be maybe 1020X768, instead of the native 1980X1020. All settings in Clover Configurator appear to show 1980x1020, and when I check the resolution in Display Preferences it shows 1980x1020, and the system profiler shows no card. Booting up using the install drive brings everything back.

I have enclosed both config.plists. I am using the DVI port on the card.

Attachments

• config USB.plist
    4.5 KB · Views: 139
  • config.plist
    5.3 KB · Views: 228
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back