Contribute
Register

GTX 750 Ti - NVIDIA Web Drivers Installation Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
<< need manufacturer and model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
i3 << need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Graphics
hd 300
Hello, I just did a clean re-install of Yosemite 10.10.2, which actually went trouble free. I have a EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW Video Card, I haven't been able to use in my Hackintosh, I've been trying to install the latest web drivers which I found on the forums, I believe its version 346.01.01f01, when I try to install them the program says my OS X Version is incompatible:
Mac OS X version 10.10.2 (14C1514) is required for this update. Please update your OS version and try again.

It seems I have the 14C109 Yosemite Version. Since I just installed Yosemite, Im not really looking to reinstall it or update it, since I've had pretty bad luck updating OS X in the past.
Is there anyway I can bypass this screen and just install them? or Where can I find the latest drivers for my OS X version?
A link would be really helpful since the NVIDIA Driver site doesn't really have a functional search for the Mac Drivers.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-05 at 4.16.11 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-05 at 4.16.11 AM.png
    238.7 KB · Views: 188
Hello, I just did a clean re-install of Yosemite 10.10.2, which actually went trouble free. I have a EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW Video Card, I haven't been able to use in my Hackintosh, I've been trying to install the latest web drivers which I found on the forums, I believe its version 346.01.01f01, when I try to install them the program says my OS X Version is incompatible:

It seems I have the 14C109 Yosemite Version. Since I just installed Yosemite, Im not really looking to reinstall it or update it, since I've had pretty bad luck updating OS X in the past.
Is there anyway I can bypass this screen and just install them? or Where can I find the latest drivers for my OS X version?
A link would be really helpful since the NVIDIA Driver site doesn't really have a functional search for the Mac Drivers.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

You can edit the package, download the right driver for your build number, or update Yosemite. If your hackintosh is properly setup then the latter shouldn't be an issue and is the best method since the two updates for 10.10.2 are security updates.

I received the same message yesterday when attempting to install my 750 ti. To overcome the problem i did the following:

1) install CUDE pkg
2) App store update everything
3) reboot (nv_disable=1 graphicsenabler=no)
4) install webdrivers

message did not pop up with this procedure.

best of luck.

I received the same message yesterday when attempting to install my 750 ti. To overcome the problem i did the following:

1) install CUDE pkg
2) App store update everything
3) reboot (nv_disable=1 graphicsenabler=no)
4) install webdrivers

message did not pop up with this procedure.

best of luck.

It worked because you updated from the App Store and installed the two security updates which update the build number of OS X 14C1514.

I managed to install it by installing the OS X Security Update from the App Store, I'm using the card but Im not sure if its running at full power I'll have to do some sort of benchmarking to check. After installing the driver I don't have sound, the sound system settings doesn't show any device options, I think this is a reported problem I'll try to fix it later on.

The big problem is now I can only boot using safe mode or the ignore caches mode.

How can I fix this?

I managed to install it by installing the OS X Security Update from the App Store, I'm using the card but Im not sure if its running at full power I'll have to do some sort of benchmarking to check. After installing the driver I don't have sound, the sound system settings doesn't show any device options, I think this is a reported problem I'll try to fix it later on.

The big problem is now I can only boot using safe mode or the ignore caches mode.

How can I fix this?

Are you booting with nvda_drv=1?

Yes, in the Chameleon Boot Plist. I had already copy pasted it in the after the last </string> but before the </dict>, did I need to do anything else?
But I think it might be more of an issue with the OS X Update than the NVIDIA Update.

Yes, in the Chameleon Boot Plist. I had already copy pasted it in the after the last </string> but before the </dict>, did I need to do anything else?
But I think it might be more of an issue with the OS X Update than the NVIDIA Update.

You should have something like this (example here):

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1</string>​

Booting with -x will disable any third party drivers so that will make the card not work properly. Booting with -f will ignore kernel cache so it might boot ok but it will be slow.

You can also try clearing the kernel cache and then rebooting without -x or -f and see if that works. To clear the kernel cache use the following two commands in terminal and press enter after each line. Enter your password when prompted.

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
sudo kextcache -system-caches​

Clearing the kernel cache worked! It now boots normally, actually a little bit faster than before. Does this mess with any of the other things added with Multibeast? Do I need to reinstall anything?
The sound still isn't working should I try another Audio Driver like the Voodoo one? I was using the ALC 892 for my GA-H87-D3H

Clearing the kernel cache worked! It now boots normally, actually a little bit faster than before. Does this mess with any of the other things added with Multibeast? Do I need to reinstall anything?
The sound still isn't working should I try another Audio Driver like the Voodoo one? I was using the ALC 892 for my GA-H87-D3H

Clearing the kernel cache won't mess with MultiBeast applied kexts at all and it should boot faster after doing that since the cache is now up to date. I'll get back to you on the audio, I am not in front of my computer to check my bookmarks related to audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back