Contribute
Register

GTX 690: Can I install or does this not work at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Maximus IX Hero
CPU
i7-6700k
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have an nVidia GTX 690 in my system (i5-2500k on a Sabertooth P67 board). According to the compatible video cards thread, the GTX 690 doesn't work.

Does that mean I can't even use a single-core of my GTX 690, or does that mean I will not even be able to install/boot Mountain Lion?

Thanks in advance for any help...

As you say.

Ummm, can you please be more specific?

I know that SLI isn't supported so I won't get 2x GPU performance, but can I at least one of the cores/cards?

I don't care about GPU performance as long as I can at least boot into Mountain Lion and use it for development, etc.

Had no problems with my GTX 690.
GraphicsEnabler=No and you're good to go :)

Great - thanks!

Does that mean there is no graphics acceleration then?

It's fully operational. Mountain Lion has the correct drivers for all GTX 6xx cards.

GraphicsEnabler(=yes) is used for cards that are not supported by default... so use "no" for your GTX 690.

Hi manaze,

Thank you for the insight regarding the 690! Have you tried to run Luxmark? How high is your score (sala scene GPU-only)?

Regards,

Marius :)

Hey Marius,

Sala scene is the default scene right?
Anyway the score is 2336, is it a good one?

@eggy_brahma
Did you read anything I wrote? ;)
I'm already on Mountain Lion.. and yes you need "GraphicsEnabler=No" to get full support.

Attachments

• LuxMark_OSX_GTX690.jpg
    LuxMark_OSX_GTX690.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 255
Hi Menaze,

Sorry for my late respons to your score!

The number you are getting is really great for a single car config (my max score is 2757 with dual 580 + CPU (3930)...

Thank you for the info! :)

Marius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back