I have the vanila evega gtx 670 2gb

gets stuck after dsmos arrives.

I can boot hd4000 fine.

Ive tried instaling the nvidia retailer drivers

Tried re patching with latest MB

graphicsenabler=no

pcirootuid=0

im at a loss.

Im not even seeing the geforce loading up.. when I had a 660 (ironicly got to work an not the OTB 670) i would see nvhal100 or something only thing i see is geforce sensor gk104 blabla and then geforce error 0x0390243 unknown pwm

Im thinking its the new smc plugins or something.. actualy I have no clue whats wrong. But iM pretty certain a clean install will get it working.. I just was hoping to avoid all that since I have everything setup perfect right now

is there a way to reinstal 8.2 combo update or something...?

please any help would be great!

Did you disabled the internal video (HD 4000) in the BIOS?

no actually I haven't tried that. WIth the gtx 660 I did not need to disable igfx.. maybe its dif on this card.

what smbios should i be using?

imac 13,1 maybe?

or mac pro 5,1

I was having a weird kp when set to mac pro.. but 3,1 works fine.

ivy bridge and gtx 6xx probly imac 13,1 im guessing.

I think its something with my install.. I have been on the same install for a long time. and I have done a lot of trial and error with it.. the funny thing is that I cant even get my 4850 working.. I never had a problem getting the 4850 to work.. another issue is the hd4000 does not seem to have graphic acceleration. I am getting red pixelations and cant play videos... never had that problem either..

i have rolled back appleintelacpi or w/e . as well as some other important kext.. just cant remember. I think a clean install is in order..

Im just dreading it because I have win7 and osx on the same ssd .. it was a freaking pain to get them to work together and Im afraid of messing up the win7 install

Its aways recommended in dual or multi OS boot situations to sperate the OS's on their own drives, it helps in troubleshooting situations like this because you can unplug the other OS drives and focus on one. In your case its hard to say if the fact you have both OS's on the same drive is a problem or not.

yar ashman i kno that.

just put both os's on the vertex 4 for speed. wish i could afford another ssd but the 670 just tapd me out ..

Did a reinstall and works perfect.

well the new smc pugins cause a kp when i launch hdware monitor.

IT did not mess with win7 install thankfully.

I wonder what the issue was..

in other news the hd4000 did not work otb with acceleration.

I dont understand.. is it because im runing a older LION unibeast I think i used bridge helper on it so it does not have vanila appleintelhda kext... who knows.

anyone have insight to get the hd400 working right?

Same here. Starts to load and then nada...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back